Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectCool movie, not as good as TFA though...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=718024&mesg_id=718778
718778, Cool movie, not as good as TFA though...
Posted by phenompyrus, Tue Jan-03-17 11:41 AM
Rebels that don't give a fuck = COOL

A cool explanation of why the Death Star had such a glaring mistake built into it that made sense = COOLER

the obvious Darth Vader scene that should bring a tear to the eye of every fanboy = COOLEST

One of the most understated things about the movie might just be how it does not feel like a traditional SW film. At first I didn't like it, but given some thought, I actually really enjoy it.

And despite the hate he's received and how little he is in the movie, I think my favorite character is Forrest Whitaker's Saw Gerrera. He's got that Vader breathing, Fett looking, robotic thing going on that just works IMO.

I've heard and read reviews that range from "Best Star Wars movie ever" to "disappointing"... It falls into the category of predictable, which is unfair for a movie we already knew the outcome of. It also does not have the same impact as the main story does to me, and none of the new characters are as intriguing as the new ones introduced in The Force Awakens.