Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectLightsaber wounds are bloodless because they instantly
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=718024&mesg_id=718705
718705, Lightsaber wounds are bloodless because they instantly
Posted by soulfunk, Wed Dec-28-16 06:16 AM
cauterize the flesh. They've never had blood from lightsaber wounds. As for GE rest of the violence- I thought this film showed more than usual because you could actually see blast shots on the body when people got hit, usually that isn't shown in SW.

The "many bothans died for this information" line was from Return of the Jedi when they were trying to destroy the second Death Star.

I thought Cassian joining team Jyn was handled well. First he trusts her to let her keep a blaster on Jedha. Then when escaping Jedha when he was pushing back on her story about her father, he said "it's not me you have to convince" because he knows what his orders are from his leadership. When he goes to murk Jyn's father, they kept cutting back to him when he had a clear shot. He was watching what was happening and that Jyn's father tried to give himself up to stop the engineers from being killed (obviously Cassian couldn't hear what they were saying, but they shot it to clearly show he was reacting to what he saw). So between him believing Jyn and seeing what happened, he went against his orders. Then when he went back to the ship and everyone was checking him for going to kill her father, he was CLEARLY uncomfortable. He knew he was wrong to even consider it. Then on Yavin he hears Jyn's inspired speech, showing that she fully cares about the cause and wants to take action. It's only after that point that he joins her and says he wants to help.