Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectsame here
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=718024&mesg_id=718456
718456, same here
Posted by Flash80, Sat Dec-17-16 09:28 PM
- the dogfight in space and over land was just so well done. (loved the rear-view shots when the fighters skimmed over the star destroyers.) even the subtitles of it as a backdrop during the director krennic/jyn encounter on scarif.

- ironically interesting to have vader establish his bacta day spa on the same planet where died a little inside.

- i thought CGI tarkin was great until they went to extreme close ups. i'm surprised they didn't just get the guy who played him at the end of Ep. III to reprise the role, since the look was bang-on.

- small nitpick, but i was hoping they'd only show leia from the rear and not reveal her full-frontal CGI. woulda been more effective IMO.

- "i'm going for it!!!" (c) the black rebel soldier who probably set the cinema record for quickest death. everyone in the theater LOL'd at the whole thing. i feel like edwards pulled a rib there on the strength of the 'cism.

- why did they have to emasculate the AT-AT's? lol. they tore apart like a wet paper bag. x-wings shredding them didn't make much sense arc-wise, given that rebel command sending out snowspeeders in ESB would've knowingly been a downgrade in battle against the walkers. then again, maybe the empire had a lessons-learned meeting and decided to upgrade the walkers' armor by the time ESB rolls around.

very good film overall. will probably see it again during the week as a matinee again.