Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectDear lawd Cloverfield Lane 10 was a waste of time
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=717626
717626, Dear lawd Cloverfield Lane 10 was a waste of time
Posted by Firecracker, Fri Nov-18-16 08:15 PM

I really l o v e d Cloverfield when it came out, I wasn't all that excited for this BUT it had a 7.3 score on IMDB

But holy sh** this movie sucked. The plot and acting was a big-ass snoozefest, and I really don't know where the hell that IMDB scores came from. Smh

717627, So bad this needed it's own post?
Posted by bwood, Fri Nov-18-16 10:00 PM
717700, What's really weird is that the big reveal is given away by the title
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Nov-22-16 01:31 PM
and definitely the trailer.

And yet they set it up like a big reveal movie.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
717706, I think its cause the 'reveal' made everything more ominous.
Posted by BigReg, Tue Nov-22-16 03:29 PM
As creepy as Goodman was, you were 95% sure shit had gotten real in the world, so it helped give him a benefit of the doubt despite the fact everything pointed towards him being unstable...it was harder to tell if he was being paranoid/sick or just PTSD'ed from what happened above.
717804, Ahhh, the reveal was really whether Goodman was a psycho or not
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Nov-28-16 12:08 PM
Turns out he was telling the truth about the attack AND was a psycho.

I get it...I guess.

Still kind of didn't work.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
717707, It's a very solid claustrophobic horror movie
Posted by BigReg, Tue Nov-22-16 03:31 PM
>
>I really l o v e d Cloverfield when it came out, I wasn't all
>that excited for this BUT it had a 7.3 score on IMDB
>
>But holy sh** this movie sucked. The plot and acting was a
>big-ass snoozefest, and I really don't know where the hell
>that IMDB scores came from. Smh

I can see how someone who wanted a Cloverfield sequel would hate it since it was almost a pure 180 in tone (big boombastic action to micro-horror). But it was a good movie.
717711, Yup
Posted by 13Rose, Tue Nov-22-16 11:17 PM
Agreed
717811, RE: It's a very solid claustrophobic horror movie
Posted by Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Mon Nov-28-16 04:21 PM
I enjoyed the movie as well.
717716, a good movie ruined in the last 10 minutes
Posted by BigWorm, Wed Nov-23-16 07:15 AM
The "tie-in" to Cloverfield was hella weak and did its best to wreak an otherwise creepy, claustrophobic movie.

They say that there's going to be a third one to tie it all together, but I don't really want another one. I'm all for movies where big monsters smash everything, but they're going about it all wrong. A third one couldn't possibly be good unless it turned into a Pacific Rim knockoff with giant robots fighting the aliens.

717722, Id want a third one, if they kept the same 'theme'
Posted by BigReg, Wed Nov-23-16 10:28 AM
'theme' being taking place in the same world, but different genre.

I liked the last ten minutes, but I admit it was pretty clunky...particularly the link to the other movie...suddenly it became a Spielberg movie.

But I do like the basic premise that you can have completely different genre shifts after one event (lets say Alien vs Aliens). They just gotta script it better...it felt like they had a solid separate script and threw that in the end just for shits and giggles. It worked for me, but I can see how it won't for many.

717762, RE: Id want a third one, if they kept the same 'theme'
Posted by seandammit, Fri Nov-25-16 12:32 PM

They just gotta script it better...it felt like they
>had a solid separate script and threw that in the end just for
>shits and giggles. It worked for me, but I can see how it
>won't for many.

That is essentially what happened. Original script has no Cloverfield tie-in/ending.
717764, 'God Particle' is the next Cloverfield Universe movie (Feb. 24, 2017)
Posted by j0510, Fri Nov-25-16 03:47 PM
“Particle” is about a team of astronauts who make a “shocking discovery” and end up fighting for survival in what is described as an altered reality. Julis Onah (“The Girl Is in Trouble”) directed from a script by Oren Uziel. It stars David Oyelowo, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Ziyi Zhang, Elizabeth Debicki, Daniel Brühl and Chris O’Dowd.

http://www.thewrap.com/jj-abrams-god-particle-next-film-cloverfield-series-exclusive/

http://screencrush.com/gugu-mbatha-raw-god-particle-cloverfield-3/