Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectOk, I've ranked all 13 episodes.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=716712&mesg_id=717046
717046, Ok, I've ranked all 13 episodes.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Nov-01-16 10:14 AM
I've ranked them from best to worst.

I've also put them in bands and within a band they aren't that drastically different but from band to band there are big leaps in quality/greatness.

I didn't watch these all at once so I think the older episodes are collectively ranked higher because of the freshness of the series when it launched and season 3 suffered under the weight of high expectations.

GREAT EPISODES
1. The Entire History of You
2. The National Anthem
3. White Christmas
4. White Bear

VERY GOOD EPISODES
5. Nosedive
6. Fifteen Million Merits
7. San Junipero
8. Shut Up and Dance
9. The Waldo Moment
10. Playtest

OK, BUT NOT GROUNDBREAKING.
11. Men Against Fire
12. Be Right Back
13. Hated in the Nation

Looking at it like this I think there are some trends.

1. It's been said before but I love the near future tech episodes. Commentary on how we live today if these new fangle technologies are taking to their logical extremes. Once we were exposed to the tech in "The Entire History of You" we immediately got how we would use it and abuse it. Pure awesomeness.

2. Some loved it but I really disliked "Hated in the Nation" because while I dug the online trolling stuff I felt like they didn't explore that enough and I really really hated the drone bees. Just too deus ex machina. I just wish they found a method to kill people that tied more into present day real world anxieties. "Men Against Fire" was a bit one trick pony which you could see coming and "Be Right Back" seemed like something I had seen before on twilight zone or outer limits or some other anthology series (I think I was with that episode until the robot showed up).

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"