Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI don't like Black Mirror as Sci-Fi, I enjoy it as quality story telling tho
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=716712&mesg_id=716950
716950, I don't like Black Mirror as Sci-Fi, I enjoy it as quality story telling tho
Posted by astralblak, Sat Oct-29-16 01:23 AM
if that makes sense

the futures they build don't seem very interesting to me, maybe it's because most are "near-distant futures"

but I have really enjoyed a number of the episodes because they come off like exaggerated versions of our world, and the pacing of the narratives are very well done: quality character reavels, world building, ratcheting up the tension, hiding vital info from the viewer until just the right moment. craft-wise, so good

outside of the ending this was a fun ass ep to watch because it felt just like how some folk act already. AND how many of us perform various identities online

i mean that like-scale to get an apt, that's basically how credit scores fuck people in our world right now.

so I guess I look at the show like parables more than Sci-Fi which makes the title Black Mirror so apt

this ep was a solid @@@1/2