Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectBest of the new shows???
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=716094
716094, Best of the new shows???
Posted by Calico, Sat Oct-01-16 01:28 PM
i know we still have a few more new shows to premiere, but.... Atlanta, The Good Place, Speechless, and Queen Sugar have been standouts so far....Designated Survivor is just ok, so far, but i guess it has no choice but to be so heavy handed and soapy...surprise new fav? LETHAL WEAPON.... it's hilarious and insane... they happily embrace the chaos of the franchise, and i'm enjoying it.... i'm gonna start luke Cage later today and there's a show with a Louie CK collaborator i wanna check out

what new shows are YOU enjoying?
716101, I need to watch all these
Posted by Heinz, Sat Oct-01-16 04:21 PM
Speechless and Sugar Queens look really good. About to watch Crisis In Six Scenes.

On the new sitcom side of things, I like Kevin James new one "Kevin Can Wait" (retired New York cop). It's a lot like King of Queens but I actually really liked that show. I do sometimes miss the 3 camera sitcoms and appreciate when they are done well (ie Jerrod Carmichael)
716109, This Is Us has potential
Posted by Ray_Snill, Sat Oct-01-16 10:18 PM
the first 2 episodes was flames and if they can keep this level of storytelling up, they can at least have a run like Parenthood

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif
716124, I'm surprised and I'm in
Posted by lfresh, Sun Oct-02-16 07:39 PM
Saw ep 1 &2 today
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
716128, You compared it to Parenthood? I'm in
Posted by Heinz, Sun Oct-02-16 08:20 PM
716151, i forgot about that one....gotta look for it....
Posted by Calico, Mon Oct-03-16 09:46 AM
716125, Luke Cage
Posted by lfresh, Sun Oct-02-16 07:45 PM
Made for a fantastic binge flaws and all

Currently running through Startup
And not bad either

Level(uk) is another one to peep
Ep 1 took off quick

Definitely like Atlanta
Iffy but sticking w Insecure
Queen Sugar might be too heavy fir be week to week I might have to binge it

Westworld is tonight
Looking forward to it

Surprisingly I'm liking Pitch so far

Van Helsing isn't bad, isn't great
Falling Water...I need to see ep 2 that was kind of triply

Have my eye out for Dirk Gently and Channel Zero coming as well
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.