Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMarcella (ITV/Netflix)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=713998
713998, Marcella (ITV/Netflix)
Posted by SoulHonky, Fri Jul-15-16 02:13 AM
I'm torn on this one. It was definitely worth the watch but, like The Bridge / Bron/Broen which was also from the same creator as this, it doesn't come together in the end. The finale is better than Borgen, which completely fell apart but there are a lot of loose ends, one especially that turns out to be a huge red herring that inexplicably just was never brought up again.

The show stars Anna Friel as a cop with a screw loose (or possibly, many screws loose.) She hunting a serial killer, who may be connected to a case that she was unable to solve in the past. The cast is top notch and, in case you watch - yes, that is the Targaryan brother and yes, that is the dude from Battlestar Galactica.

It's not a much watch but I think it's better than The Night Manager (the appeal of that one escapes me) and is definitely worth tossing onto your queue for the future. It's only 8 episodes so it's a pretty easy binge or something to watch while working out or traveling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qN4ePvIqOQ
714062, Ah thanks
Posted by lfresh, Sun Jul-17-16 10:37 PM
I'm going to skip it then
The bridge had promise and yep petered out so I skipped season 2
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
714071, this was good though
Posted by BigWorm, Mon Jul-18-16 06:47 AM
It needs a second season to resolve a few things, but for the most part this was a good story. Nothing new but if you liked stuff like Top of the Lake, Happy Valley, Broadchurch, this is along those lines...
715562, you were right
Posted by lfresh, Sat Sep-10-16 08:33 PM
it wasnt that bad
hes right in that it fell apart a bit in the end
but still worth watching in the lull that was the end of summer for me
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.