Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRupert Friend is a great choice, honestly.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=712324&mesg_id=712562
712562, Rupert Friend is a great choice, honestly.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu May-26-16 10:46 PM
Hitman: Agent 47 was kind of underrated-- I liked it more than the first (not saying much, but still), and he's young enough. I don't want a Bond starting at 45, really.

Ferguson and Mbatha-Raw would be better leads in a spy franchise than most of these people. Barnes is one of the worst actors in Hollywood/Britain.

Madden is definitely interesting. I'd love Oyelowo as well. I thought Cavill was pretty good in UNCLE, but if we get him, we're going back to the Brosnan all-smooth-one-liners, not-as-much-emoting Bond. I wouldn't mind that, but I doubt they're gonna move backward with the franchise stylistically. (He'd be a better Bond than Superman, probs.)

Damian Lewis would've been AWESOME ten years ago. He's older than I'd like a Bond reboot to be. He'd be 50 by the time the third/fourth movie comes around.

Please not Hiddleston. I love him as an actor... but he's bigger than the part. Same for Fassy. They're too famous, have too many great roles already.