Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectPeaky Blinders - Season 3
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=712259
712259, Peaky Blinders - Season 3
Posted by Heinz, Thu May-19-16 07:32 PM
3 eps out on Netflix..officially drops on the 31st.

Lets go!
712699, So far so good.
Posted by bwood, Tue May-31-16 09:15 AM
Tommy is wild on edge b.
712719, not sure why but i haven't enjoyed it as much as prior seasons
Posted by gumz, Tue May-31-16 01:07 PM
cant put my finger on it though
712720, not sure why but i haven't enjoyed it as much as prior seasons
Posted by gumz, Tue May-31-16 01:09 PM
cant put my finger on it though
712807, Season was meh.
Posted by bwood, Thu Jun-02-16 12:20 PM
Between last season and this season I'm good on this.
712855, Interesting ending.
Posted by Numba_33, Sat Jun-04-16 05:06 PM
Overall, this season felt way too rushed and it was hard to care about the majority of the newly introduced characters. If more episodes were allowed, I think that Russian daughter would have been a much more interesting and compelling character. Instead, she just look like a loon for the most part. The scenes with Tom Hardy were the only bright spots for this season IMO.
712856, I was SO excited to watch season 3. (Spoilers)
Posted by jane eyre, Sat Jun-04-16 11:57 PM
Season 3 was only okay and I'm not quite able to pinpoint why, either.

I didn't feel invested or curious about the Russians or the why's & what's of who they were. Tommy seemed to give us everything we needed to know about them: they're crazy. No further development was given minus salacious glimpses at their crazy. The priest was an intriguing addition, but even so, he didn't have flashbacks or private moments where I got to "see" his interior life to learn what might shed light on his horribleness. Tatiana was meh. And Michael is kind of a dick.

I think maybe what's missing in season 3, in part, is the Grace/Major Campbell dynamic. That storyline was a dance & counterpoint with Tommy and the Peaky Blinders which lasted for 2 seasons. Grace & Campbell were a sort of invisible fated hand that motivated & influenced Tommy (& by extension, everyone else).

Repetitive: the "bait" of pushing another alluring woman in front of Tommy to spark attraction (who is also aligned with the very danger/enemy Tommy seeks to defeat). Wamp wamp. Tommy even tells Tatiana she's not Grace. I couldn't get why the storyline with Tatiana was forced.

I want May to come back. Definitely want a Tommy/May marriage! May and Tommy seemed meant to be, even when I considered the real possibility that Tommy would choose Grace. May seems like the kind of woman that Tommy needs to realize has been his destiny, all along.

There were bright spots. Among some of them, McCrory as Aunt Pol and Hardy as Alfie. Plus, I can always watch Cillian Murphy play Tommy.

Random: I love how Grace says "Tommy" & how Tommy says "our Ada."
712903, felt rushed and disconnected
Posted by Crash Bandacoot, Mon Jun-06-16 02:13 PM
and the orgy ep was disgusting.
second season was the best so,
1/3, wouldn't be upset if we
don't see a fourth season.