Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI agree
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=711900&mesg_id=744467
744467, I agree
Posted by JiggysMyDayJob, Fri May-13-22 04:23 PM
>Coco was a great character they didn't know what to do with.
>They did all that shit with him last season just to kill him
>off.

That's why I said his story went nowhere, so you might as well kill him off since you didn't want to develop that. Even the stuff with his daughter was just left open. Also, I know the actor that plays CoCo is really into getting his coffee business going, the way he talks about it seems like he's really into the whole process. I gotta buy some to see what's up cause he makes it sound like good beans.

>Meanwhile people who are annoying AND have shitty storylines
>(Galindo, Adelita, Emily) are still walking around.
>I refuse to believe anyone cares about any of them.
>Even Potter is still walking around. they kill off the cute
>less annoying agent instead. (are we supposed to be rooting
>for Adelita here?)

Characters I don't care about on Mayans (no particular order): Adelita, Emily, Bishop, EZ's Dad, Potter, and Taza.
I'm interested in Galindo because that dude's a good actor and I feel his story can be handled a lot better. He's gotta come back full-on evil status.

>it needs an entire reboot lol.
>We may as well make Creeper, Gilly and Hank the main
>characters because they're all more likeable.
>Just kill off Bishop because he's just become one note. Might
>as well dump Olmos because his presence is useless.
>Keep Eazy and Angel, bring in AZ homie with the neck tat
>because he's pretty good. Keep Creeper's new girl. Keep the
>animal shelter girl (I swear when Emily called when he was
>getting it in, i wanted her to get struck by lightning).

you hitting all the right parts. Honestly, Hank might be my favorite Mayan then there's Creeper and Gilly. Ther res I could do without. It sucks they've made Bishop one-note because I like the actor. Been a fan since she was on The Unit and he's doing great on Barry right now.

>this show is so frustrating because there are so many
>possibilities. I can't write for shit, and I'm certain i could
>do a better job with this premise and all this talent.
>
>but nope. writers: everyone's dying to know whats up with
>Adelita. Let's kill Coco and a sweet old dog this week.

All of this! If I knew how to write man I'd be sending in storylines like hotcakes. I honestly think 1. losing Sutter (not that it was a bad thing) and 2. The pandemic really hurt the show. I'm not sure if they get another season past this one. Maybe because Snowfall is ending they'll get a couple more but as of now, the show ain't moving me. It's not even SOA hate watch fun.