Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI tapped out once Danny Pino's girlfriend was revealed in ep1
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=711900&mesg_id=741367
741367, I tapped out once Danny Pino's girlfriend was revealed in ep1
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed May-12-21 06:52 PM
WAIT WHAT OMG THE VILLAIN'S GIRL FRIEND IS THE HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART OF THE MAIN CHARACTER!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT A BOMBSHELL!!!!

SOA makes for a good hate watch. I had mixed feelings on it during my first run, but I went back through it last year and those mixed feelings were far more pronounced.

Watching Sons felt like playing Driv3r or some shit, just an inferior, second rate version of a much better product. Unlike Driv3r, I can't swap that shit out with Vice City to escape the mediocrity.

Likewise, there's no A-list version of Sons out there, so this B-grade Sutter Family Vanity Fest is the gold standard by default.

Sons has a certain hate watch appeal, because there's some really good material in the bones of that show, so I gave Mayans a shot.

The second I saw a young biker with ex-girlfriend issues, I checked the fuck out and haven't been back. From the looks of it, this isn't far off the SOA formula. I'll probably catch it once the series wrap so I can see some more Alvarez, a few Sons Cameos, but mostly just get the damn thing over with,