Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Renewed for S4. there's a good show in there somewhere
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=711900&mesg_id=741342
741342, RE: Renewed for S4. there's a good show in there somewhere
Posted by JiggysMyDayJob, Thu May-06-21 09:24 AM
>not that i expect it to happen.
>
>good people, solid performances, good premise, cool
>locations... all over the place writing lol
This problem is the writing is all over the place. I'm going to blame in on the pandemic and assume they are combining S4 and 5 together to catch up.

>each episode has nine different storylines when it should be
>maybe 3. i legit don't know if all these threads are
>compensating for not being able to tell a story, or they just
>think that's good writing.
I'm just going to go back to my previous one. It seems like the Coco and Miguel Galindo story lines were supposed to be part of a separate season but they end up folding them all together with the other storylines.
Which seems like a throw it against the wall and let's see what sticks type of deal.

>Coco and Hope giving solid ass performances for this
>distracting way over there story.
Best storyline of the entire series so far. Its really showing generational impact. Letty, Coco, and Hope are all killing it, I want to see more of this with the exception of the Heroin king stuff.

>i like the new cartel boss as a character, mainly because his
>assessment of Galindo as boring is pretty much what the
>viewers see.
See I don't like that character, he's almost cartoonish in his acting and they way the present him. His assessment of Galindo, like you said is on point.

>Galindo and his mommy issues are easily the most eye rolling
>moments of this season. If there's any justice in this world,
>Alvarez will take him out next week. Which i do predict will
>happen.
Man I'm praying that Alvarez takes him down, but I just don't see where the story goes from there. I would have to believe the Mikey's bff/bodyguard wouldn't stand by and let it happen.

I wish he would've just killed his wife so then we have him running to Mexico and dealing with the other cartel. I wish he would've committed suicide instead of the prospect.

>I give them credit for constantly fooling me about Gaby. I
>expceted her to be deported a while back.
Naw she's our Tara in all of this. Like they couldn't even be original she has the same Tara shit going on, I need her to get away like Angel said. They're just setting her up to get killed anyway.

>Adelita.. they don't know what to do with her, so it seems
>like they're just phasing her out
It makes no sense what so ever. I get she had to dead her right hand dude cause he was pimping out the girls, but the head shaving and we're Adelita stuff is wild. Also why dead the Governor after reading that article? Why not find out whats going on first before you kill her. I guess she's on a revenge trip, does that mean Angel might catch a bullet?

>I like Angel as a character more this season. His
>assholishness is entertaining to me
>
His assholishness is funny and him going from 0 to 100 on everything is just funny. He went 0 to 100 when Easy got shot. 0 to 100 when Adelita got taken away and then when the hanger round ended up pregnant 0 to 100 with getting enganged.

>Poor poor Hank. What a sucker. He told his mom and
>everything.
I'm loving Hank, dude remindes me of one the homies from high school. He too double losses this last ep. Speaking of, I knew the prospect was going to die, but I didn't think he would off himself. He was already a tragic character, but they just went all the way in on that.