Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI would imagine that they seriously backburner Dorne at this point.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=711116&mesg_id=711219
711219, I would imagine that they seriously backburner Dorne at this point.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Apr-26-16 02:10 PM
They've set the table for Dorne to further fuck with King's Landing and the rest now that those shortsighted crazies are in charge. But it felt more to me like those Iron Islands scenes from a couple of years back-- remind the viewer who's in charge there and what their basic operation styles are, then don't really mention them again until we have main characters interacting with them.

Unless one of the Starks/Lannisters/Khaleesi/Snow sets out to Dorne or is captured and brought to Dorne, I'd imagine they leave that storyline now on the backburner in favor of the others. This was just a "repercussions of the Lannister visit" scene, not a sign of a major storyline to come.

Though I'm only saying this based on how Benioff/Weiss have structured the show to date.

EDIT: A caveat: since two of the Sand Snakes are apparently in King's Landing, it's possible they make moves sooner rather than later to keep fucking with the Lannisters, which would keep them involved... but I'd guess the Lannisters have enough to deal with in regards to the religious extremists at the moment to keep their chunk of the narrative pretty busy.