Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: A good reset of the board pieces
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=711116&mesg_id=711206
711206, RE: A good reset of the board pieces
Posted by wallysmith, Tue Apr-26-16 10:30 AM
>King's Landing:
>Jamie's worked his way into a solid anti-hero, but considering
>all the atrocities that she had a direct hand in Cersei's a
>lost cause. Tying him to her storyline already feels like a
>step backwards for that character...lets see if he steps up to
>hedge control of the capital.

I agree, it does feel weird to see them aligned again, but I can understand Jamie's motivation after the Myrcella scene from last season. This is a wait and see, but since Cersei is involved with some big arcs (ZOMBIE KINGSGUARD) I'm optimistic.

Its also going to be
>interesting to see how the Tyrell's end up...you get the
>impression the Lannisters have been beat down but how do those
>cult niggas have enough juice to hold them without an army
>coming to King's Landing directly?

This is a great question. I'd venture that Olenna and Mace are taking a wait-and-see approach with the trials before bringing in Tyrell troops to wage civil war. They would conceivably have to deal with both Lannister troops and the Faith Militant, which seems unwise.

Also, since Cersei confessed, there still exists the possibility that either Margaery or Loras will confess as well. Unlikely considering the punishment, but who knows what will happen now, hah.

>Kahlesi's storyline feels like they are threading water. Her
>being out of the picture lets the men in her life bond
>(Tyrion/Varys, Dario and Friendzone night) but with so many
>high stakes things happening in the world her to go damsdel in
>distress seems kinda...ehh. I realized it was a problem that
>when they threatened to kill her I realized I didn't care,
>lol.

Agreed, there's been a lot of malaise lately around Daenerys. However, I think she's in an intriguing place right now. She's not (nor ever will be) the "damsel in distress" but she is in her element now. Daenerys doesn't have the patience to govern, but she was born to lead. Not like it's going to be a surprise, but I'm interested in seeing how she's going to rally Dothraki to her cause. She did it once before, so....

>Arya's ninja training continues, that's good.

I <3 training storylines.

>The wall continues to be most interesting storyline and it's a
>testament to the character/actor that im already invested in
>Davos trying to survive/stop the mutiny.
>
>John snow still dead.

Agreed. Glad they opened and closed the episode with The Wall. For a lot of casual viewers, this probably threw some off the scent about Jon's fate. The civil war brewing at Castle Black is gonna be crazy, especially since it looks like one of Ramsay's men was able to escape. Winterfell to the Wall is a long way (IIRC) so could this be the huge battle for the season?

All in all, great episode. One thing that's being overlooked is that, for as massive as the world is, we're seeing major players converge. Melisandre is at Castle Black, Jamie is back in King's Landing, Sansa has her posse and Meereen is... Meereen. This will hopefully bring the narrative back into focus like during the first few season, and a better season overall.