Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjecti loved every goddamn thing about that episode.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=711055&mesg_id=715698
715698, i loved every goddamn thing about that episode.
Posted by araQual, Fri Sep-16-16 05:31 AM
this show man.
all those Back To The Future callbacks were cool.
not convinced it's there as part of a time travel/multiverse story, but more to highlight the fact that it was mentioned by Angela to Elliot on the train in the prev ep (maybe to play up their burgeoning emotional connection?). i'm sure there's more to it than that but i'm still not buying it being just a time travel connection.
fucking Elliot snooping on himself.
fucking WELLICK.
clearly Mr. Robot's been hijacking Elliot since 5/9 in order to facilitate stage 2. kinda excited to see what the hell it is.
Angela seemed less fearful, more purposeful. whatever Whiterose said or showed her w/out us being there seems to have put Angela on her own path. she def seemed more relaxed about everything...altho in a quasi-manchurian candidate type way.
anyone else feel like they're planting the seeds for Dom's defection? she seems to fit the hacker profile. would totally buy her joining fsociety at some point.
altho the hospital scene gave jackshit away, i'm gonna assume Cisco died and Darlene survived...then again i'm not entirely convinced ANYone (other than Elliot) is safe.
yes shit got Lynchian for a minute there but i enjoyed every creepy confusing minute of it.

i think overall, with one ep to go, i've loved the transition from the rather rudimentary premise of season 1 into a much more deeply layered exploration into a post-rebellion world in s2. Angela summed it up nicely during her convo with Elliot on the train, how they'll never win. that essentially the PTBs will always find a way to rig the game, even if they're forced to reset the system. main point being that chaos and disorder is fuel to their fire. out of the ashes of something as epic as 5/9 come new and wonderful ways for those in charge to further consolidate power. and like a One in The Matrix, Elliot and his movement play their part in that larger game. i can see each season being an opportunity to peel back more n more layers of the system, to reveal how deep and ingrained the control really is. the fascinating part, to me, is trying to see HOW a movement like fsociety can have any kind of positive impact for the greater good and for the common shlub, without it benefiting the "1% of the 1%".

V.