Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI liked the trippiness of this episode...but its veering towards Lost territory
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=711055&mesg_id=715668
715668, I liked the trippiness of this episode...but its veering towards Lost territory
Posted by BigReg, Thu Sep-15-16 08:02 AM
Issues: I understand its a two parter but they didn't move the plot forward almost at all. We don't have answers of what happened to Darlene, they were they were intentionally obtuse on what changed Angela's mind (thus adding a new mystery), and they still haven't explained who's been making those late night phone calls.

On the positives the imagery as usual was great...that room and girl were trippy. It's always fun watching the E-Corp dude throw his nuts around in the room, and imho Wellick was missed (there was something about his simple self-serving evilness that grounds the show).

I read a review where they were like either this is gonna be the biggest shark jump ever or a whole awesome new refresh for the show.

We've done a complete 360 from where the show started with a lonely hacker group trying to take down an evil corporation into half of the secondary cast "dead", international assassins and secret safe houses run by 10 year old interrogators. From the jump Rami said he had it all planned out and season 1 was just the first act of the 'movie', so hopefully he pulls it off.