Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSo I've just started episode 3 and there's two things I love and hate
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=711055&mesg_id=715396
715396, So I've just started episode 3 and there's two things I love and hate
Posted by astralblak, Sat Sep-03-16 10:43 AM
Love how hard it is to watch Elliot's mental illness. They are constructing such a clear picture of how difficult it must be to have schizophrenia. From the sound engineering, to the construction of the scenes, to the dynamics of the interactions he has with other people: All of it is so well done.

I also love that this show had the courage to develop within a "revolution" on American soil and it's not a dystopia or a utopia. While I may not rock with some of the representation or lack of detail with how the world is functioning in terms of money, it's a unique and difficult word to build

What I don't like, sorry, Darlene. It's awesome that they got a woman at the head of the rebellion, but she's terribly written and annoying. In no which way would I follow or believe in her in the real world. She has no vision beyond the crumble, she's overly emotional, she doesn't know how to talk to her own comrades, and she simultaneously understands how dire things are yet doesn't. If Darlene acted within the rebellion like Angela acted within E Corp, then I could rock with her. I would much rather they debeloped Trenton as the head woman of the movement. I blame the writers for that though, but Carly ain't the best actress either

Speaking of Angela, Portia is actually doing a great job with her, but her arc seems off and rushed. The subtleties of how much angst and conflict she has are so well done, but I don't understand why. Maybe that's on me as a viewer. It just seems one day she's being crushed by the realities of what this Corp has done to her family, then she's lock step down with their power...

Joey and Craig, especially Joey, have been great additions. I'm upset they killed Romero first. Like come on y'all, the Black dudes, first, again. I know I know technically they off'during Gideon first, but you know what I mean.

Fuck I'm addicted right now, lol