Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFinally caught up... whew, what a show.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=711055&mesg_id=715309
715309, Finally caught up... whew, what a show.
Posted by wallysmith, Mon Aug-29-16 12:18 PM
I love how the big "twist" of each season has been largely telegraphed. It's not a twist for the sake of shocking the audience, but feels like a more organic reveal in the context of the story.

The biggest thing sticking on my mind right now... what exactly is the Dark Army's role in all this? Whiterose is both Minister of Defense and head of the Dark Army. He/She wants to see the world burn, but is also apparently trusted by Philip Price. And clearly they wanted access to Allsafe via Cisco's bootleg rap CD... but access to/for what? And why do they now want access to the FBI?

Not to mention there's an implicit assumption that Dark Army would never have been involved had it not been for fsociety's insistence on their involvement (from S1). Their agenda seems like it's older than fsociety, but without fsociety E Corp never goes down (if that was even part of their agenda in the first place... and now my head hurts).

And Tyrell is still gone as fuck (hilarious how he showed up in 90's sitcom dream world, yet we still don't get a look at his face.... wonder why?)

A bit of a bummer was Ray's surprisingly peaceful exit. Hopefully they jump back into his story a bit to explain some things, but expecting Elliot to turn him in seemed like a big leap of faith.

Really good stuff so far, wish more heads were watching this.

As a sidenote, it's interesting to see real life imitating art... I don't claim to be well versed on all the nuances, but apparently the FBI is looking to crackdown on TOR and bitcoin users:

https://news.bitcoin.com/update-bitcoiners-use-tor-warned/

(partial swipe):

A revised Rule 41 would allow the FBI to use a single warrant to hack an indefinite number of computers anywhere in the world. To hack a computer today, the FBI requires a warrant issued by a court with jurisdiction over the location of the targeted machine. After December 1, the FBI can quietly get a warrant from any federal judge and hack not merely a single computer but all computers connected to it…and so on and so on.

In theory, a single warrant issued anywhere in America would allow the FBI to control millions of computers on a botnet whether or not they were located in the United States.