Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSigh. Shit is way too sloppy and haphazard to allow Snyder to continue.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=709822&mesg_id=710070
710070, Sigh. Shit is way too sloppy and haphazard to allow Snyder to continue.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Mar-27-16 10:52 PM
This is basically a Transformers movie. Not quite as bad as, say, T2, but they're heading in that direction.

I'm good with a lot of things:

-The darker tone.
-Batman. I think it was smart to center this around him.
-Wonder Woman. Gal owns this in a big way.
-The way they introduced the other metas and kept it moving.

-The supporting cast. Like, big time. Irons and Hunter in particular. Lane works well with what she has.

-The reaction to Supermans existence being rather mercurial.

-I genuinely love this Superman. Frankly he deserved a proper follow up leading into this movie.

-Batman killing. Don't care. Further, I think that shit just plain made sense. He also wasn't murking people left and right all movie with some sense of glee. He showed up to save Martha and took no prisoners.

Things I'm ambivalent about:

-All the dream sequences. Take or leave. It's whatever. I see how and why they don't work for a lot of people. I'm just plain not bothered by them.

-Batman killing. Don't care. Further, I think that shit just plain made sense. He also wasn't murking people left and right all movie with some sense of glee. He showed up to save Martha and took no prisoners.

-Jimmy Olson. Don't give a rats ass about the character and I could care less about how they played him here. Whatever.

-Martha. I'm good with how they weaved her into this.

-The decision for things to go down with Doomsday the way they did in the end. SPOILER, I'm not so sure Wonder Woman would necessarily know about Kryptonite. It's possible she knew but it's forgivable and I can easily assume she didn't and not lose sleep over it. Batman would have easily been killed trying to throw that shit at that point so I'm good with that too.

-The explosion people are so bent out of shape about.

-Lex. Sorry. Shit fell flat. Didn't work. I was willing to see how that played out. Shit was a fail. Sadly, he seems like he could have played a dope riddler at some point but he's too hammy for this. This was a great time to give us an imposing Lex but nope.

-Too many boneheaded choices. Too much that just doesn't make sense and even if it does, so what? Lex cutting his hand? Shit the ENTIRE Doomsday shit. All of it. Just bad. At best it's a forgivable generic mad scientist and his Frankenstein monster, but they should have much higher standards then that and this was unacceptable.

-Too many stylistic moments that were just plain dumb. So this family is flooded and superman shows up. This old woman holds her hand out for her savior and Superman just fucking floats there. No wonder people hate him. I like that people hate him, but that hate should come without good reason. That was perhaps the worst moment of the entire film to me. Just plain dumb.

All in all this is a mess and Snyder can't be trusted. I get a lot of the criticism. I think the whole of this works well enough because Batfleck carries it. I think it was wise to make him the focal point going forward. I think they better kill it with Wonder Woman though.