Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFinal thoughts.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=709822&mesg_id=709865
709865, Final thoughts.
Posted by bwood, Wed Mar-23-16 05:15 PM
I really like the "Knightmare" sequence. It's honestly the best scene in the film. Too bad it has no bearing really on the overall plot. Same with the dream that immediately follows it, which is so poorly done that 90% of most audiences won't understand what transpired. The hero featured in the 2nd dream sequences is wearing such a piss poor suit, that I'm still scratching my head to the point of blisters.

I also really like the last Senate sequence that's featured in the trailers. It has great writing and tension that the rest of the film sorely lacks (Mostly this movie is dour and boring as fuck). I'm going to go deeper later in this post for those trying to avoid spoilers.

Jeremy Irons is a GREAT Alfred Pennyworth. He has a great wit and sensible knowledge that brings much to the table including great chemistry with Ben Affleck. Alfred makes a great sidekick assisting Bruce from the Batcave. I'd believe that if Alfred is out with Batman he'd be able to hold his own in those fights.

God bless the person who walks out of this shit wanting to see the 30 minute longer R-Rated (A movie with Superman and Wonder Woman should not be R in any shape or form, but Snyder is gonna continue his fuckery) Director's Cut. This shit is already 20 minutes too long and would have greatly benefited with a few less characters and more simplification of the plot overall.

Keep in mind that Zack has gone on record to say that they didn't come up with idea until 2 or 3 days before it was announced at Comic Con. Which explains alot.

SPOILERS!!!

As I said the last Senate scene is great. It's just too bad Lex decides to kill his assistant Mercy Graves. For those familiar with the comics, Mercy would always beat the shit out people trying to attack Lex and take part in his plans. Here, she relegated to doing absolutely nothing. And worse off is the decision to kill her. Like in the first season of Daredevil that eventually came back to bite them in the ass by having Karen filling in Ben Urich's role by becoming a reporter despite having no writing skills and building to that. I'm afraid this might come back to bite them in the ass as well.