Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI’m curious as to why this would lead to Johns exit as well
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=709822&mesg_id=709863
709863, I’m curious as to why this would lead to Johns exit as well
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Mar-23-16 04:35 PM
Also, assuming the critical response holds relatively steady, I disagree slightly with Frank in that if this thing succeeds financially it will do so in spite of generally negative press and unless it really kills domestically I think Snyder stands a good chance of getting the boot. I can’t imagine they’re willing to take the same tact Paramount has taken with Bay and Transformers/Turtles, though I could be wrong.
I imagine there’s more than a little envy of the critical success and cache built by Marvel, who has built themselves into a good old fashioned American institution and the mere announcement of a project generally elicits a response of “whatever, just take my money” from most people.

Further, WB isn’t far removed from another money machine with similar prestige-so far as big budget tent pole blockbusters go, that is- with Harry Potter. There’s something to be said for having commercial success and eating critical raves too, because that combination is how you manage to get 15 films deep with fans at a fever pitch for the next round.

Otherwise you become Sony and Spiderman.

I have to believe Warner Bros. is watching all this with a very critical eye.