Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThis is exactly why I wanted Affleck to run this entire show.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=709822&mesg_id=709850
709850, This is exactly why I wanted Affleck to run this entire show.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Mar-23-16 12:37 PM
Ben was my #1 pick to play Batman but also to write and direct the entire thing and lead the charge for the JLU going forward.

I read back through our old exchange about him in the previous post and I wonder how involved he wound up in the creative process. I read rumors that he actually wound up doing some rewrites but I think he denied that. He’s a WB guy so I can see him not wanting to throw Zach or Goyer under the bus like that but who knows.

I was also one of the few who really championed the approach taken in MOS and it does appear that they built on that foundation by dealing with the aftermath BUT if Superman is essentially a background player in this then that hurts MOS if you ask me. I loved the idea of Clark struggling with his power, his place in this world and making a shit ton of mistakes in his first real test as a hero. The problem is THIS movie needs to make good on that in terms of his development and I’m not reading any of that at all.

I haven’t seen it yet but frankly I’m a little pissed at the mere idea that this movie might actually manage to retroactively fuck up a movie I love.