Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectBatman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice discussion post (Snyder, 2016)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=709822&mesg_id=709822
709822, Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice discussion post (Snyder, 2016)
Posted by bwood, Tue Mar-22-16 07:00 PM
Thanks Longo!

So I saw it again today, the final cut and I take everything back that I said about it. Seeing the finished version with the score and the sound mix this is an unrelenting film from beginning to end. It's like Snyder saw all the complaints and said "Fuck everyone! I'm putting in even more destruction and mayhem".

Batman's theme is so badly bombastic, that I was hoping they wouldn't play it whenever he popped up on screen. Good news is Ben as Bats/Bruce is incredible.

Jesse is playing Lex like Eddie Redmaye in Jupiter Ascending. Add to that his theme is awful. Lex's plans are so convoluted and hinges on so many things coming together PERFECTLY.

And all the "surprises" are in the title of the fucking movie sadly. They're done so sloppy and that's putting it nicely.

I'll post more in the morning I'm tired. Just know I walked out with a headache as this was on the AMC Prime screen.

This a movie that should not be the foundation of a whole cinematic universe. In fact, this the type of shit you build up to three or four movies in.

I'll be back in the morning.