Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectCOTSeason: MILES, rocks The North Face!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=709429
709429, COTSeason: MILES, rocks The North Face!
Posted by JRennolds, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
Greetings, PREP TIME POSSE!!!!!
We were ahead of the curve, harbingers of cool...ALL HAVE ARRIVED!
SCALPED will be on television, LEX LUTHOR has OMEGA BEAMS, everybody is up on TWD, PREACHER is coming and, (SPOILER ALERT!!!!!) NEGAN is free.
Life is good if you are a fan of the four-colored realm.
We saw this pop culture wave years before it struck the coast of MAINSTREAM AMERICA.
What's next? Do expound.
HAIL, GOD EMPEROR DOOM!
GET FREE.

Poll question: COTSeason: MILES, rocks The North Face!

Poll result (4 votes)
DC COMICS' REBIRTH (0 votes)Vote
CIVIL WAR 2 (0 votes)Vote
THE WALKING DEAD (1 votes)Vote
PREACHER on AMC (0 votes)Vote
SCALPED on WGN (2 votes)Vote
ED PISKOR (1 votes)Vote

709430, TOP 3 PULLS...
Posted by JRennolds, Sat Mar-12-16 09:59 AM
1. THE WALKING DEAD
2. SAM WILSON: CAPTAIN AMERICA
3. SNYDER's BATMAN

What are yours?
709453, Hmm...
Posted by phenompyrus, Sun Mar-13-16 04:06 PM
The Walking Dead has been at the top of the list for a while now.
Star Wars & Darth Vader are tied for #2.
Uncanny Avengers has been been stupidly entertaining.

I've been reading a lot of John Ostrander's Suicide Squad though, it's actually quite fantastic.
709462, STAR WARS and DARTH VADER...
Posted by JRennolds, Sun Mar-13-16 09:27 PM
Sit comfortably at spots 4 and 5. The minis are heat as well. Stoked for that POE though!
709465, RE: TOP 3 PULLS...
Posted by Boogiedwn, Mon Mar-14-16 07:32 AM
Mine so far

The Vision
Star Wars
Vader

also like

All-New Wolverine
Spiderman (Miles)
Powerman & Ironfist (it has only been one issue but that was heat)
709477, Oh yea, Power Man & Iron Fist was very good.
Posted by phenompyrus, Mon Mar-14-16 12:32 PM
I liked the art too.
709539, ALL-NEW WOLVERINE is the X-BOOK folks need...
Posted by JRennolds, Tue Mar-15-16 10:21 PM
Killer stuff beginning to end. Sad that, TOM KING signed an exclusive with DC. This opening salvo SISTERS arc was amazing. Hopeless' ALL-NEW XMEN book is heat too; UNCANNY is also coming correct.
709583, RE: TOP 3 PULLS...
Posted by bshelly, Wed Mar-16-16 05:56 PM
1. MONSTRESS
2. PRETTY DEADLY
3. EAST OF WEST
709584, LUTHER STRODE, comes out too INFREQUENTLY, to count
Posted by bshelly, Wed Mar-16-16 05:57 PM
709678, OMG, B. SHELLY!!!
Posted by JRennolds, Sat Mar-19-16 06:16 PM
You still fucking with, HICKGOD?
709837, I gotta stay hiiiiiiiiiiiigh til I diiiiiiiuhuhuhuhiiiiiiiiieee
Posted by bshelly, Wed Mar-23-16 08:25 AM
709715, East of West is a trade wait for me
Posted by philpot, Sun Mar-20-16 05:32 PM
I love it but the issues compliment each other in a way that rewards "binge" reading

Issue 22 was a GREAT stand alone joint tho
709802, Agreed, cant read EoW monthly but adore the trades n/m
Posted by Scarface_7, Tue Mar-22-16 09:22 AM
709814, Definitely. I'd imagine waiting issue to issue would be excruciating
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Mar-22-16 01:15 PM
I devoured all four of the previous trades in like two weeks, max. Fortunately it appears that trade #5 is dropping at the end of the week.

I'm completely "read by trade" these days. The only thing I'm considering on going issue-to-issue on is Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye, because they mostly do one-shots or two-issue arcs. They've only done the five to six issue "made for the trade" arcs once or twice.
712196, I am 3 issues into East of West and HOLY SHIT
Posted by buckshot defunct, Wed May-18-16 10:39 AM
fhweiouow4twefeskfsejkfjweruw4uwjaagaggagahah!!!!!!

This shit is Flaaaaaaaaames!

I'm almost afraid to keep reading for fear that it won't be able to maintain this level of heat. But it's encouraging to know y'all are still into it. I got the first 3 trades from the library and haven't felt this hyped on a comic in a while
709608, RE: TOP 3 PULLS...
Posted by chrisP, Thu Mar-17-16 05:49 PM
Only following 2 monthlies right now:

-Pretty Deadly
-Ms. Marvel (my son's as big a fan as me now so he won't let me stop getting it)

Been picking up Hellboy in Hell since #1 so I'll get those last few when they come out too.

Also planning to get Future Quest when it drops, love Jonny Quest and most of those 60s/70s Hanna Barbera action shows.
710045, RE: TOP 3 PULLS...
Posted by hardware, Sat Mar-26-16 09:23 PM
1. Shutter
2. Rumble
3. Batgirl
709599, Injection climbing to the top of my list
Posted by lonesome_d, Thu Mar-17-16 09:18 AM
I liked #1 and #2 a whole lot at the time. Somehow the next one I picked up was #6. It was great, so I went back to pick up the intervening issues and reread the whole thing. Dynamite. Ellis firing on all cylinders.
709803, Injection is the shit!!
Posted by Scarface_7, Tue Mar-22-16 09:24 AM
I've read like five issues multiple times cuz that book has tons of stuff going on. Have you read Planetary by Ellis? Similarly dope stuff!
709898, Yep I read Planetary
Posted by lonesome_d, Thu Mar-24-16 11:45 AM
just in time for that last issue which took like 3 years to come out.

Last issue of Injection was a little too (and unnecessarily) heavy into Viv's sex life, but *shrug* it's a great little ghost-in-the-machine story. Hope it doesn't drag out forever...
709709, never read the graphic novels but I'm loving HHFT
Posted by philpot, Sun Mar-20-16 05:25 PM
Are they just reprints of the stuff already published?
709873, The monthly is ALL-NEW!!! material...
Posted by JRennolds, Wed Mar-23-16 10:21 PM
I cop the single issues and pass them off to my graffiti pals to EDUCATE them on the illness of comicbooks!
709714, Also, was spending too much on comics had to trim my list to 10
Posted by philpot, Sun Mar-20-16 05:29 PM
TWD
Southern Bastards
Daredevil
Spider-Man
Power Man & Iron Fist
Swamp Thing
HHFT
Black Hood
Back to the Future
NIOBE: She Is Life (get on this if you haven't heard of it)
709875, SOUTHERN BASTARDS is my jam!!!!
Posted by JRennolds, Wed Mar-23-16 10:23 PM
The daughter is coming home and WETUMPKA won! Ooooooph.
709800, International Iron Man debut was very good...
Posted by JRennolds, Tue Mar-22-16 08:44 AM
I am loving, Bendis' work on the main book and the sister title met my expectations. I think, Stark's parents are also, Doom's parents. I cannot wait to see how this all shakes out. The opening was c-c-c-c-cooooold!
709806, Agreed. Invincible Iron Man's been a pleasure but
Posted by Scarface_7, Tue Mar-22-16 09:26 AM
International was a surprise to me last week. Cant wait to see where this goes. I had the same thought regarding doom and tony's parentage. Isnt Doom's ma still around? When magic is dying in Dr Strange last week i think she got bame checked?
709801, Aaand we're back! LETTER 44
Posted by Scarface_7, Tue Mar-22-16 09:15 AM
Have you guys read Letter 44?? With Invincible on hiatus it's a current fave. Synopsis: on his first day in office an incoming president reads the letter from the outgoing prez outlying an eminent alien attack? It's really really good!!

Hope by now every comic head has Warren Ellis' Planetary, it's a fave of mine and his current Image book, Injection, reads almost like a sequel, it's really well done, trust!

Jason Aaron's Doctor Strange has been really strong too. A war on magic? Plenty doc voodoo? I'm there!

Sad Chew is coming to an end but each issue is really well crafted. Strong art (even tho Rob Guilory is a bitch! Long twitter story,dont ask)...

Too many Xmen titles cant keep em straight. The team with Magneto and M and Psylocke saving mutie healers is cool tho for the life of me who put Betsy and Sabretooth on same squad?? I remember the beatdown she caight from him in late 90s BRUTAL

The team with Rogue and Deadpool is ok, i think they are the Uncanny Avengers. Love the banter so far! Cant stomach All new Xmen with lady wolverine and angel *cringes*

Loving Amazing Spidey and Invincible Iron Man (is MJ gonna be Rescue? )

I got more but my ciggs out.... I'll go thru my current Image loves next
709876, *BACK TO YOUR SCHEDULED COTW PROGRAMMING*
Posted by JRennolds, Wed Mar-23-16 10:29 PM
>Jason Aaron's Doctor Strange has been really strong too. A war
>on magic? Plenty doc voodoo? I'm there!

JASON AARON'S THOR, is bananas!!!

>Too many Xmen titles cant keep em straight. The team with
>Magneto and M and Psylocke saving mutie healers is cool tho
>for the life of me who put Betsy and Sabretooth on same
>squad?? I remember the beatdown she caight from him in late
>90s BRUTAL
>
>The team with Rogue and Deadpool is ok, i think they are the
>Uncanny Avengers. Love the banter so far! Cant stomach All new
>Xmen with lady wolverine and angel *cringes*

ALL-NEW XMEN is my piff!!! Love that book. Extraordinary is tied with the WOLVIE solo for second and Uncanny rounds out the pack. I think UNCANNY is about to get live though!!! Mystique and Fantomex, playing the wall.

>Loving Amazing Spidey and Invincible Iron Man (is MJ gonna be
>Rescue? )

I think so. BENDIS, is killing across the board. I like how he is playing a long-game and putting all the cards on the table...
709899, I started on Letter 44, dropped out around end of first arc
Posted by lonesome_d, Thu Mar-24-16 11:49 AM
it was good, but not *great* and I try to limit myself buying books to ones that I think are consistently *great*.

THat's why I'm losing interest in a bunch of stuff: Descender, Low, dropped Black Science recently as well.

I tend to do better with limited stories anyhow. I've been reading comics for a decade now and very few open-ended books have consistently held me in thrall while they were coming out: Scalped may be the only one I can think of that never really dipped.
709836, ULTIMATES 5 THO!
Posted by bshelly, Wed Mar-23-16 08:24 AM
ULTIMATES gets more crazy each issue. Do you like cosmic mindfucks? Read ULTIMATES!
709874, I hear that ULTIMATES is #thatfiyah
Posted by JRennolds, Wed Mar-23-16 10:22 PM
WHACHUKNOW BOUT DAT PETER PARKER CORPORATE SPIDEEEEEER-MAN?
709963, Can you elaborate on this? I'm intrigued...
Posted by phenompyrus, Fri Mar-25-16 10:49 AM
710026, without spoilers?
Posted by bshelly, Sat Mar-26-16 01:50 PM
By the end of the first nature the ULTIMATES have changed the fundamental nature of Galactus.

By the beginning of the fifth issue they have journeyed outside eternity.

Just cop already!
710592, ...sold.
Posted by phenompyrus, Fri Apr-08-16 08:01 AM
Thanks.

Can't find that first issue for some reason, but I'm on the hunt.
710053, Copped and 3 issues deep...
Posted by JRennolds, Sun Mar-27-16 08:53 AM
FIYAH! Shell MAN, never lies. Great stuff. Cool cast, major concepts and, mad scientific. I feel like, EWING is going for that HICKGOD SCOPE but making it more digestible for the masses.

710854, RE: Copped and 3 issues deep...
Posted by philpot, Thu Apr-14-16 07:28 PM
Yeah Ultimates is killin it
709872, INVINCIBLE SPOILER DISCUSSION...
Posted by JRennolds, Wed Mar-23-16 10:19 PM
MARK, is home and it is 5 years later. Word on the block is, THRAGG has been out conquering space and rebuilding MUSTACHES IN SPACE COSMIC JAM!!!!

STAKES IS HIGH.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
709939, BATMAN No.50
Posted by JRennolds, Thu Mar-24-16 09:55 PM
In my opinion, SNYDER nailed the landing. It was a little confusing when, Mr. Bloom gave all the Batman robots the appearances of the rogues gallery; I enjoyed the monologue about how we are all Gotham and, Batman. New look is solid, Duke is tight. A tragic Robin coming from a fucked-up situation. 8 out of 10.
710633, I just finish a couple volumes of, Zero Year
Posted by buckshot defunct, Sat Apr-09-16 12:53 PM
I didn't think I was game for another "origin story"... But I like how they were basically like, "Well we ain't gonna out-Miller Miller, so let's go all the way left" and just put together something really wild and fun and colorful. You had the Red Hood Gang, Bruce had 3 cuts in his eyebrows trying to wild out... And then there was Post-Apocalyptic Batman on a Dirtbike (which I what I wanted to name our son but my wife objected). Shit just had an energy to it. Felt like a manga.
709984, I'm hoping Uncanny X-Men explains
Posted by JFrost1117, Fri Mar-25-16 05:50 PM
How they shit on all the progress made in Uncanny X-Force by making Warren Archangel again.
710020, Rumor...HICKGOD, the new GL writer!!!!!
Posted by JRennolds, Sat Mar-26-16 12:30 PM
EEEEEEEEE.
710046, am i the only one fuckin with SHUTTER
Posted by hardware, Sat Mar-26-16 09:24 PM
and Rumble for that matter
710081, tried both, didn't stick
Posted by lonesome_d, Mon Mar-28-16 10:03 AM
710054, 3 TITLES YOU ARE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO...
Posted by JRennolds, Sun Mar-27-16 08:59 AM
Yep, I am hyped for DC REBIRTH. DC was the jam before INFINITE CRISIS #4. I have a feeling that this reboot is going to be great! So what 3 titles are you most looking forward to? Any publisher etc.

1. ALL-STAR BATMAN
Snyder, and a rotating crew of artists exploring, BATMAN's rogues? Fuck yeah. There.

2. BLACK PANTHER
Come on, man. Marvel has been dropping that heat lately. Now it is the KING OF WAKANDA's turn to shine. I am stoked to see, BP fight for control of his nation. Plus, T'CHALLA is quickly becoming a favorite character.

3. INVINCIBLE (when it returns in APRIL)
5 years later, CORY WALKER drawing it and, THRAGG taking over space? YES PLEASE!!!!!!!

Other 3...
1.BLUE BEETLE (JURGENS+ KORD and REYES)
2.CIVIL WAR 2 (Um.....FUCK YEAH!!!!!!)
3.TWD (Whisperers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREE NEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
710199, Dat Double Oh Seven
Posted by lonesome_d, Wed Mar-30-16 02:11 PM
further proof that Ellis is in top condition right now, killing several titles at once.

The Bond VARGR wasn't *quite* as good as the comic shop hype had me hoping - my curiosity was piqued when I overheard a guy and my favorite clerk talking about it with words like 'favorite comic out now' and 'best on the stands' a few weeks back. Finally picked everything up last week & this week and it's maybe a half notch to a notch below Velvet on the espionage tack, but that meanns it's still excellent.

Recommended (to my surprise)
710270, Can anyone recommend Fables?
Posted by Paps_Smear, Fri Apr-01-16 11:55 AM
Was randomly thinking about how much I enjoyed playing The Wolf Among Us since it involves the characters from the comic. The story in that game was great so if the comics are worth it I may take a dive in that as well.

I'm looking to read the entire series if it holds up.
710273, I thought it was mostly great
Posted by lonesome_d, Fri Apr-01-16 12:51 PM
I've read it all in trade from the library so there were gaps in my grasp of the story at points. But it was generally fun and one of the grandparents of the sudden resurgence in folklore, fairy tales, Grimm references, public domain character usage, etc. over the past fifteen years.
710275, Thanks
Posted by Paps_Smear, Fri Apr-01-16 01:26 PM
I think I'm going to check this out, based off your recommendation seems like something I'd get into. Story for the game was so cool, pretty nice idea of all these fairy tale characters living in modern day New York.

Not sure if I want to pay so local library may be my first step and if it really grips me I'll spend the money on a few others.
711811, I stuck with it until about #100
Posted by mrhood75, Tue May-10-16 12:36 PM
It was at times excellent. I didn't like the first two trades: the first one sets the stage/world with the oft used murder mystery deus ex machina, and the second one was kind of dull. It really starts to get moving once it starts being about "bigger" things. "March of the Wooden Soldiers", vol. 4, is amazing, and it's where it starts hitting it's stride. Only real blip between that and #100 is "The Great Fables Crossover", which was dumb.

I fell off on it when it got past the #100s. I have no idea it stayed good or not.
710279, UNCANNY X-MEN #5
Posted by JRennolds, Fri Apr-01-16 06:55 PM
WHATCHU UP TO, MAGNETO?
Yikes. This was flambe! Magneto, risking lives and killing in the name of. Acting all coy with your top secret plans around a squad of killers? Ooooooooh, gangsta! And you got, RAVEN and FANTOMEX off the reservation? Dang, yo! Sooooo good.
710575, NEGAN TWD PREDICTION....
Posted by JRennolds, Thu Apr-07-16 09:36 PM
NEGAN, is going to assassinate all The Whisperers and steal, RICK's thunder.
Furthermore, EUGENE is in touch with some remnant of the US Military.
710577, RE: NEGAN TWD PREDICTION....
Posted by philpot, Thu Apr-07-16 10:42 PM
Kill em all and then Rick has to deal with the fact Negan saved his Bacon

Interesting theory
710579, WHISPERERS THEORY
Posted by JRennolds, Thu Apr-07-16 10:53 PM
Their numbers aren't that many and yes, NEGAN will slaughter them all. This alludes to the fact that, RICK is growing more and more paranoid and is on the path to total lunacy.

I think the real threat will stem from, RICK hiding the truth from his people. The new group is also kind of suspect too...
710724, ^Love this.
Posted by phenompyrus, Tue Apr-12-16 08:37 AM
I now hope and want this to happen.
710593, Anyone reading Drax, Birthright, Patsy Walker, or Nova
Posted by Calico, Fri Apr-08-16 08:50 AM
all fairly interesting, fun books I never see anyone mentioning...
710637, Love Birthright
Posted by RS, Sat Apr-09-16 02:42 PM
still reading Nova, but just because....pass on the others.
710736, Brithright is REALLY interesting
Posted by Calico, Tue Apr-12-16 12:37 PM
...can't wait to see where it ultimately goes
710632, Currently reading... MULTIVERSITY
Posted by buckshot defunct, Sat Apr-09-16 12:45 PM
commence mind expansion protocols

710714, THE WEEPING LION.
Posted by JRennolds, Mon Apr-11-16 10:41 PM
ACTION + SPY genres usually bore me to tears...
ACTION+ SPY + WAID + SAMNEE = HOT HOT FIYAH FLAMES!!!!!!
Black Widow is two issues deep, get in on it while you still can.
710725, The Vision is nuts. Ta-Nehisi made Wakanda into Baltimore(a good thing).
Posted by Castro, Tue Apr-12-16 09:03 AM
710826, Black Panther was aight...
Posted by JRennolds, Wed Apr-13-16 06:15 PM
I did not buy in to the hype nor did I really get where it all came from, after I put the issue down. Shit just read on some expected cliches and redundant, T'CHALLA having issues shit.
710728, Ba/Moon: TWO BROTHERS. Amazingness.
Posted by lonesome_d, Tue Apr-12-16 09:18 AM
about 2/3 of the way through now; I'm unfamiliar with the source material but man the book & the story are just wonderful.
710878, I gotta check for this
Posted by buckshot defunct, Fri Apr-15-16 10:45 AM
My mom got Daytripper from her library and loved it. Reminded me that I needed to keep up with these dudes
710883, Bought this for my li'l sis for Christmas
Posted by chrisP, Fri Apr-15-16 11:56 AM
I knew she read Daytripper and loved it (as did I), but I haven't actually had a chance to read Two Brothers yet. I got on to these guys from Cassanova and have loved everything else I've read that they're involved with. Been meaning to checkout their Hellboy-verse stuff (BPRD or something?)
710738, Went to buy Black Panther at the shop Sun
Posted by Calico, Tue Apr-12-16 12:41 PM
...hadn't been in a couple years.... paper comics are really expensive LOL.... I love the feel of my paper comics but I'm really used to digital, and spending $15 for 3 books felt like too much.....Made me miss the $1.25 or less books I remember salivating over in the stores as a kid

...Anyway, BP was pretty cool.... I really like that they don't ignore the craziness Wakanda has been through the last half decade or so, even though I thought maybe Reed retconned that part just to hook up his homie T'Challa
710853, school me on Moon Knight
Posted by philpot, Thu Apr-14-16 07:27 PM
I picked up the new #1 cause dude seems like a cool character but I'm ignorant about this guy

what other marvel characters is he associated with?

710930, READ IT....
Posted by JRennolds, Sun Apr-17-16 09:03 PM
SWARMING ANUBISES AND DOGHEAD DOCS were that piff. I do not like crazy outside of BATMAN. Weak shit, yo.
710935, I like crazy
Posted by philpot, Mon Apr-18-16 05:02 AM
Enjoyed the first issue a lot
710929, JUGHEAD, is fucking hilarious. C3PO, is...
Posted by JRennolds, Sun Apr-17-16 09:01 PM
...A gold LIMEY robot with feminine tendencies. I vibe with the art and the spiders but that issue was pretty LETHAL WEAPON with a cursing, MEL GIBSON. Weak!

JUGHEAD on the other hand is phenomenal. Comics should not make you laugh, it is not their purpose. JUGHEAD makes me snicker like a biznatch!

DARTH VADER, stays killing Ls against his employer. His breezy turned all evil and the droids (COOL IN THIS BOOK!!!!!) slaughtered allot of fleshy ones. Dope.
710931, ADDED GREEN LANTERNS...
Posted by JRennolds, Sun Apr-17-16 09:05 PM
Keeping BATMAN, adding ALL STAR BATMAN, might go with BLUE BEETLE and, patiently waiting on DC to announce the, HICKGOD book.

REBIRRRRRRRTH!
710987, my shop put a DC catalog in my pull file last week
Posted by lonesome_d, Tue Apr-19-16 11:22 AM
my God. Mongo's comments in the GD comics post last week seem generous when I finally saw what he was talking about. It's like DC decided to take the abandoned WTF? banner from last year or whenever it was and applt it to THE WHOLE UNIVERSE.

>Keeping BATMAN, adding ALL STAR BATMAN, might go with BLUE
>BEETLE

Ted Kord is somehow alive again, yeah? And Jaime for that matter? (Didn't he die too?)

and, patiently waiting on DC to announce the, HICKGOD
>book.
>
>REBIRRRRRRRTH!

I could swear I've seen the 'Rebirth' title somewhere before....
710985, anyone reading Drifter? can anyone tell me WTF is going on?
Posted by philpot, Tue Apr-19-16 11:07 AM
I haven't been this confused since I read Intersect
711256, Really quite pleased with how HUCK turned out
Posted by lonesome_d, Wed Apr-27-16 10:57 AM
lightest book from Millar in a while, glad he kept it that way all the way through
711273, AVENGERS STANDOFF WAS ONE OF THE FUNNEST STORIES IN YEARS
Posted by JRennolds, Wed Apr-27-16 10:50 PM
QUASAR, IS BACK.
RED SKULL, IS BACK.
ZEMO, IS MIA.
TWO CAPS.
THUNDERBOLTS.
NEW HYDRA.
MARIA HILL, SAYS FUCK YOU GUYS.

DOPE.
711276, BATMAN #51
Posted by JRennolds, Thu Apr-28-16 09:13 AM
Loved this issue. Snyder, closed the chapter on one of the best threads that I feared he had left hanging. It was brilliant too. Joker, got closure in one panel. Amazing work and aside from the final issues of DEATH OF THE FAMILY and COURT OF OWLS, Snyder produced a near flawless run with, Capullo. Excellent work.
711317, ULTIMATES #6 aka TELL 'EM HOW IT IS, G!!!!!!
Posted by JRennolds, Sat Apr-30-16 01:46 PM
GALACTUS, squishing CHAOS' dome-piece and bloodying, ORDER's floating head? Dang, yo! Galactus does what Galactus wants! Who chained, ETERNITY? Thanos...I don't think so!

B. SHELLS, put me on that fire!!!!! Follow suit, PTP.
711349, TALK SLICK, YA GET YA FACE DONE REAL QUICK
Posted by bshelly, Sun May-01-16 09:35 PM
CUZ GOLD LACTUS AINT HAVIN THAT SHIT
711798, so uh hey I got a new book out
Posted by buckshot defunct, Tue May-10-16 11:02 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Stay-Home-Scarface-Raising-Your/dp/1942099096

It's called Stay At Home Scarface, and it's an adult coloring/activity/comic book about Tony Montana discovering it's harder to raise a kid than it is to run a drug empire.

It's pretty much the Watchmen of gangster/baby themed adult coloring books
711804, adding to my Amazon order for AFKAP's new project
Posted by lonesome_d, Tue May-10-16 11:31 AM
y'all are crazy
711806, Thanks, mang!
Posted by buckshot defunct, Tue May-10-16 11:47 AM
And what's AFKAP up to??
711823, Wake Up, You!
Posted by lonesome_d, Tue May-10-16 02:49 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2964522&mesg_id=2964522&page=
711812, Ha. I got this last week
Posted by mrhood75, Tue May-10-16 12:38 PM
I think Amazon shipped it to me possibly before it's "real" release date.

Regardless, it's hilarious. Even showed the wife some of it, and she thought it was great.

And yes, there is no pain like stepping on a Lego. I don't even have kids and I've discovered that.
711824, oh jeeze. Welcome to my life
Posted by lonesome_d, Tue May-10-16 02:50 PM

>And yes, there is no pain like stepping on a Lego. I don't
>even have kids and I've discovered that.
711849, PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT!
Posted by buckshot defunct, Tue May-10-16 06:29 PM
Appreciate 'cha, sir
711866, THREE THINGS...
Posted by JRennolds, Wed May-11-16 12:27 AM
1. CIVIL WAR WAS FIRE FLAMES. ANT-MAN and SPIDER-MAN, were my fave faves!
2. FCBD CIVIL WAR. SHE-HULK and RHODEY, GETTING GOT? OOOOOWEEEEEE?!
3. FCBD CAPTAIN AMERICA (THE WHITE ONE). HYDRA IS ISIS!!!!! YIKES.
712097, FCBD joints I grabbed:
Posted by buckshot defunct, Mon May-16-16 12:18 PM
LOVE & ROCKETS, always a pleasure
HILDA/FANTASY SPORTS, I dig what Nobrow is putting out. Love the colors.
BLACK MASK, bc I was a big fan of "We Can Never Go Home"
COMIC LAB, which I haven't read yet

y tu?
712038, BOLD STATEMENT: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN IS THE BEST...
Posted by JRennolds, Fri May-13-16 08:12 PM
.....AND MOST CONSISTENT SERIES OF THE PAST DECADE! SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN INCLUDED.

Fuck your long-game, Hickman. Slott, been at it for 10+ years. The heart of the saga? OCK vs. Spidey! Ever since BIG TIME, SPIDER-MAN has been at the number one spot. And yes, the comic is hilarious, smart and, a great study on character evolution. ASM, is constantly evolving and offering refreshing spins on on our lead, while successfully telling a long-form story. Fuck your GAME OF THRONES, Tiger has it all.
712077, Anyone reading ISLAND (Image)?
Posted by Castro, Sun May-15-16 08:06 PM
712208, Southern Bastards
Posted by Selah, Wed May-18-16 03:47 PM
this book is so good it's obscene

it's heartbreaking how infrequently it comes out but they have *NEVER* put out a bad issue

I'm dying to see how the next arc plays out (and what surprises await)
712216, all this
Posted by philpot, Thu May-19-16 03:06 AM
712260, ROBERTA TUBBS, ain't take no shit!
Posted by JRennolds, Thu May-19-16 07:49 PM
Amazing series. Not SCALPED-level but damn good.
712269, Agreed and I'm glad they take their time
Posted by bshelly, Fri May-20-16 08:27 AM
In particular because the art is so good. I just want full Bastards every time it comes out, so I'll suck it up and wait.

Also, fuckin Obama
712859, I went back & picked up the first couple iss of the goddamned
Posted by philpot, Sun Jun-05-16 08:36 AM
By Aaron & the they are pretty great
712865, GODDAMNED is a heater!!!!!
Posted by JRennolds, Sun Jun-05-16 02:05 PM
Loving it so far. AARON and RM, are MAGICAL MOVE MAKERS!!!!!!!!!!
712338, OOOOOOOH! VINCY STAY ON THAT BUNSEN BURNER!!!!!!
Posted by JRennolds, Sun May-22-16 08:14 PM
Allen, barely escapes a political assassination. MUSTACHES IN SPACE continue to destroy and conquer. What's that, EVE? You had a man. TRIFLING!!!! MUSTACHES IN SPACE heading to EARTH....ROBOT-RUN EARTH, FOOL! Hide yo kids, hide yo wife....THEY KILLING ERRYONE OUT HURR!!!!
712384, Best book on the shelves probably 2 yrs running!
Posted by Scarface_7, Mon May-23-16 01:54 PM
712430, AGREED x 1,000,000,000,000!!!!!!
Posted by JRennolds, Tue May-24-16 12:33 AM
Amazing Spider-Man steps but yo, aside from ASM.....VINCY TAKES THE CAKE ALL THE WAY TO THE MUTHAFUCKING BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUSTACHES IN MUTHAFUCKING SPACE >>>>>>>>>> EVERYTHING ELSE
712487, Strode, East of West, AND Monstress= PUBLIC IMAGE UNLIMITED
Posted by bshelly, Wed May-25-16 09:31 AM
BIG BOY WEEK!! The first in a long, long time.
712497, I'm gonna try out DC Rebirth
Posted by buckshot defunct, Wed May-25-16 10:53 AM
And Nighthawk #1 too

712501, HOLY SHIT REBIRTH IS AMAZING
Posted by bshelly, Wed May-25-16 11:43 AM
All of it. All of it. All of it.

And then the last page and epilogue destroys everything but mostly my brain
712528, GJ, back to reclaim his THRONE?
Posted by JRennolds, Wed May-25-16 08:58 PM
What if DC was cool again?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
712546, That's likely the last comic Johns is writing for a while
Posted by mrhood75, Thu May-26-16 01:47 PM
Dude is running things on the film end as a full-time job now.

"Rebirth" served as a basic thesis statement for the direction of both DC comics and films: bringing back hope, friendship, love, and optimism.
712547, It was pretty good
Posted by mrhood75, Thu May-26-16 01:48 PM
It's likely not going to make me start reading mainstream DC stuff again, but it was an interesting step in the right direction.
712619, That's where I'm at
Posted by buckshot defunct, Sun May-29-16 03:58 PM
The meta mea culpa sentiment was cool to me. But I'm still kinda like "we don't believe you/you need new people" about the whole thing.
712612, It was good...
Posted by JRennolds, Sat May-28-16 06:10 PM
I am onboard with the GL book. CRUZ and BAEZ, are ill. Sticking with BATMAN because, TOM KING is fresh with it and, I am adding SUICIDE SQUAD because, JIM LEE is a wizard and...GJ is done with JL. Sad but dope end to that run...

Nice seeing, Wally break on through and the overall REBIRTH execution was stellar. Not too keen on the WATCHMEN hype. I am impartial and in the minority when it comes to, MOORE's creations and their impact on comics.

Intrigued by the three Js...

I might fuck with JSA depending on the writer and I am patiently waiting for that HICKGOD release.
712625, I like the concept of making [spoiler redacted] a cynical god figure
Posted by buckshot defunct, Mon May-30-16 12:11 AM
In the right hands that is a really dope idea to explore. In the wrong hands it can go bad 100 different ways which it probably will but still... At least they're going for it. Whatever *it* is remains tbd
712626, DC fucked us all with INFINITE CRISIS #4....
Posted by JRennolds, Mon May-30-16 12:17 AM
....This read as an apology to that single issue. I am not mad. I am satisfied but skeptical of DC's new initiative.
712527, OLD WHITE CAPTAIN AMERICA ON HYDRA...
Posted by JRennolds, Wed May-25-16 08:57 PM
Look! Chill, yo. RED SKULL, manufactured the ASSAULT ON PLEASANT HILL. The cosmic cube, KOBIK (from PLEASANT HILL) restored, CAP's vigor and youth. Something more is afoot here, folks! CAP, ain't no killer! Trust. No peace.
712599, the outrage over this is so ridiculously stupid
Posted by philpot, Sat May-28-16 12:27 AM
712604, No shit, yo!
Posted by JRennolds, Sat May-28-16 02:55 AM
NICK SPENCER, is an adept writer aaaaaand this twist was long hinted at waaaaaay early in, Remender's run. I am a huge CAP fan and I love this new wrinkle. HATERS? No dice, fuck 'em!
712847, CIVIL WAR #1....SHOTS FIRED!!!!!!!!
Posted by JRennolds, Sat Jun-04-16 02:47 AM
SPOILERS.

RHODEY = DEAD
JENNIFER = DEAD

In short, MARVEL, IS NOT FUCKING AROUND!
712851, Shit felt like when Caine got blammed before moving to ATL.
Posted by JFrost1117, Sat Jun-04-16 10:55 AM
*Menace II Society

Thanos mopped them niggas, and it was ugly.
712863, MOP-MASTER THANOS
Posted by JRennolds, Sun Jun-05-16 01:58 PM
HE RIDES WITH THE NOW FREE, GUCCI MANE!
712864, DC REBIRTH...COMING AND GOING!
Posted by JRennolds, Sun Jun-05-16 02:03 PM
Dropped BATMAN. Heard the REBIRTH issue was gross and kind of whack!
Loved the GREEN LANTERNS REBIRTH issue; down for the cause!
Sinestro, out on some takeover shit, NEW! OUTCAST GUARDIAN, BAZ and JESSICA have tons of potential (BEST NEW CHARACTERS TO ROCK DC IN FOREVER!!!!!) and...RED DAWN!!!!!!!!
Subscribing to GREEN LANTERNS and that HAL JORDAN title.
Also giving SUICIDE SQUAD REBIRTH a shot to win me over...
712870, Batman was...
Posted by RS, Sun Jun-05-16 06:24 PM
...different...

I don't see myself sticking with Baz and Cruz for long.

Superman was kinda just there.

I actually enjoyed GA the most last week.