Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThis is the argument now?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=708119&mesg_id=710708
710708, This is the argument now?
Posted by wallysmith, Mon Apr-11-16 05:10 PM
You're claiming we're arguing semantics but, like you just admitted to, your interpretation of her character was rooted in misinterpretation. Semantics would be arguing about whether she's crying cuz she's faking it or crying because she doesn't want to kill. Your argument was her change in character "came out of nowhere" despite all the subtle and not-so-subtle cues from the start of the second half of the season.

And I find it funny that you cut off the "some of the best character development they've done, maybe ever (and is a big reason why McBride is getting as much praise as she is for the season)" part of my quote after the "exceptionally well". We're not talking about Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones here. The Walking Dead is notorious for giving the random scene to a character in the hopes you care before they get offed later. Character development is not this show's forte.

That being said, they took the time to flesh out Carol all season and weaved her in with Morgan's shift. Like I said, if you weren't stuck on who YOU thought the character *should* have been instead of who the character *is* then maybe you would have enjoyed some of the subtle touches to her development.