Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: to you, obviously..i'm fine with it. i don't have an issue w/cliffhangers
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=708119&mesg_id=710393
710393, RE: to you, obviously..i'm fine with it. i don't have an issue w/cliffhangers
Posted by Cineno, Tue Apr-05-16 08:54 AM
>>Folks are pissed that they ruined such a special moment like
>>this.
>
>lol @ ruined. no. folks are pissed because they simply didn't
>get want they wanted. and they'll get over it.

Yeah it actually was ruined for me. I'm not expecting the show to be exactly like the comic. But the point of the scene in the comic was very important and is completely lost now.

The group watching one of their own being beaten to death, and showing the brutality was a huge turning point in the story, and defined not only Negan, but further developed the main group's characters.

Not showing the death isn't annoying me because I don't know who they killed, it's annoying me because they threw out a vital character and story defining moment.

We've seen members of their group die before. But it was HOW this one happened that really mattered. And the difficulty of actually watching it that was really important. Taking that out ruins it's impact on the story.

But like Glenn hiding under that trash bin at the end of last season, it'll get people talking online, which is apparently what they value most.