Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThat still doesn't hold. No way Finn should have been able to hang.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=705787&mesg_id=706338
706338, That still doesn't hold. No way Finn should have been able to hang.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Dec-26-15 01:27 PM
Again... depending on what develops from here I may come back and view things differently. If Finn turns out to also have some serious Force sensitivity and Ren was purposely holding back due to his inner conflicts, I may look at this slightly different but for now? NOPE. Even after a second viewing last night... No way in hell.

Even if he still needed some training to become an official Sith, Kylo should have plowed through Finn. Rey is a different story and I've come around on her because she appears to be a Skywalker as she's following a suspiciously familiar pattern for that family and the more I think about it I can easily see her being ridiculously powerful without a second of actual training by the way she was written.

>I also call bullshit on some of the nip picking though, seeing
>as this is the first part to a new trilogy.

I call bullshit on the term "nip", since the phrase is "nit picking", as in searching for lice in a child's hair.

All jokes aside, these details aren't nitpicking. It's the first in a new trilogy and many were hoping for something a little more developed story wise to get the ball rolling. We didn't quite get that and people love it as is so what's the big deal?