Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectseen it 2x.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=705787&mesg_id=705999
705999, seen it 2x.
Posted by Rjcc, Sun Dec-20-15 03:15 PM
loved it.
no, it's not cinematic perfection, but neither are any of the OG trilogy.

it's fucking great though.

of the stuff I'm most impressed with, the casting/acting is on point.

I only truly appreciated it on the second viewing when I wasn't so worried about missing something.

Fisher and Ford both brought it.
the one criticism I'll levy is that on second viewing, there's a lot of han solo gazing/screentime/nostalgia, although it's understandable because you ain't getting any more after this.

Boyega? Killed. Even better on the second viewing. His role came off far less slapsticky and I appreciated it more.

Ridley? Mannnnn, so many times I watch a movie and i'm like "out of the billion white women trying to act, you picked THIS ONE that can't act? for why?" none of that here, she pulled it off. If people have issues I don't know what they are.

Isaac been known as a good actor, did a lot with very little screen time, I have nothing to add.

I haven't really read any of the reviews so I dunno if people have talked about it, but Domnhall Gleeson deserves some shout outs, cuz I never figured him for a Star Wars bad guy but he did the damn thing. I like him as an actor but I wouldn't have figured he would play that character so well.

I thought Adam Driver held the character up as it was supposed to be, I'm not blown away by his performance or anything, but it was good.

saw it in 2D and 3D, if you can handle 3D I'd recommend seeing it that way. if you can't, don't sweat it. There's not a lot of difference in brightness/color/sharpness or anything.

the effects were so fucking good, a couple scenes weren't great green screening, although thinking back that struck me more in 3D, so it could possibly be an issue w/ the conversion but I'll wait till I see it again to say for sure.

there were some weird mid-shot aspect ratio changes, anyone else notice that?

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at