Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYou call bullshit on an opinion? Okay, player.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=705787&mesg_id=705949
705949, You call bullshit on an opinion? Okay, player.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Dec-19-15 05:55 PM
>You have to remember they can have only so much time as this
>film is also about passing the torch and letting go of the old
>cast so those guys have to have enough screen time.

Yes. I realize this. Hence, the bit about me waiting to see where it fits in with the next two to properly evaluate how I feel about this. the circumstances and what they were trying to do doesn't change how I feel about the way they executed that vision.

>I didn't get bored once during this movie. I fail to see where
>people say it lags. I call bullshit

Cool. You didn't get bored. I was bored by a lot of it. It was pretty slow to me. It's hilariou that you "call bullshit" on that.

I call bullshit over stans who catch feelings and call "call bullshit" when others see it differently.

I usually "call bullshit" when objectively viewed facts do not support the opinion (sports is great for this), not when the opinion is subjective in nature.

If, for example, one said Luke hogged up too much screen time, that would be objectively false. It's an opinion that does not bear out in the facts that he was only in the film at the very end and only for a minute. Not much room for discussion.

If, for example, one says that Rey's story wasn't all that well executed, that's subjective and there is plenty of room for discussion.

If, for example, I said I don't buy Fin remotely holding his own against Kylo, ostensibly a reasonably well trained Sith, to say nothing of Rey even with her raw abilities, well that's a subjective opinion that does have some weight based on the facts at hand.

Not sure how you're "calling bullshit" on a very subjective element. You weren't bored, great, but calling "bullshit" on someone who was is just plain silly.