Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIf Finn is going to be this generation's Han...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=705787&mesg_id=705870
705870, If Finn is going to be this generation's Han...
Posted by B9, Fri Dec-18-15 06:48 PM
JJ needs to fix some stuff with the "oh hell no" crap with that guy; you can be comic relief and romantic bad-ass without having to be nearly slap-stick, bumbling idiot (SEE HERE THE CHARACTER THAT HE'S REPLACING, MORE OR LESS). And he turned heel to run away so quickly for what appeared to be little to no reason. He knew what he was getting into up until when? I can't recall what turned him from trying to get BB8 back to running scared dude.

Odd complaint, maybe, but I wanted more info about Poe. He's the best pilot, he somehow got home, he and Finn are best buddies now (apparently), he's the master of BB8 and he was the ultimate hero/death-blow deliverer at the end...is he just Wedge 2.0 or is he actually a character?

The alien things that Han was smuggling seemed awfully too MIB-ish, and the CGI of Slope or whatever was difficult to get behind too.

All that said, highly enjoyable and the plot and 90% of the writing felt really at home with the originals while being relevant to today.

Side note: some dude that hadn't seen it yet was trying to tell me the next one is going to be all about Han. Took everything in my power not to ruin his day.