Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI'm sure i would have LOVED this movie if i hadnt already seen IV
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=705787&mesg_id=705856
705856, I'm sure i would have LOVED this movie if i hadnt already seen IV
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Fri Dec-18-15 04:27 PM
visually it was great and i loved the family dynamic running thru out (i'm thinking that rey will indeed end up being revealed as Luke's daughter and Kylo's first cousin and not Kylo's sister)

but the rehash of basically the same exact plot of new hope was just too on the nose for me. It all comes down to my expectations, i was looking for this to be a new chapter to an epic not a redo/reboot of a chapter that already occured

i mean the plot and details were exactly the same just different characters in the slots

orphan with hidden abilities on dusty sand planet discovers droid with life saving info stored on it and decides to help get that info into the right hands

then they encounter an old timer who knows the back story that can help them with their quest (obi won in 4 and han in 7).

then its the resistance (which looks exactly like the rebel alliance, which correct me if im wrong won the war and re-established the republic but are now inexplicably a separate entity from the republic....:-/) verses the remnants of the empire (now the first order i didnt mind because that make sense that that side wouldnt be comletely wiped out)

then the empire/first order has this planet busting weapon that just has one weak spot that needs xwing pilots to destroy

a lot of sneaking around on an empire/first order vessel evading storm troopers

and a final death of the older timer as his loved ones look on (again obi in 4 and han in 7, and like everyone didnt see han's death the second he stepped on that bridge)

I mean they even had ANOTHER FUCKING TRENCH....i was waiting for one of the pilots to say "stay on target, stay on target"

the one unique character, the reformed storm trooper was too goofy scary for my liking, i wouldnt him to be a bad ass who had done terrible things and just reached his breaking point instead of someone who just wanted to run away

i wont say this movie was horrible but it was a big let down, i wanted to be pulled into a new plot and i wasnt

my fav part was the fight between kylo and rey and the family tree elements

otherwise meh