Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectBias? No. I think you relate better on a personal and cultural level.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=703580&mesg_id=703869
703869, Bias? No. I think you relate better on a personal and cultural level.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Oct-24-15 12:36 AM
>Typical 2015 Obama era racial diarrhea

LOLOLOLOLOL. Come on man let's not get carried away here :)

>Motherfucka-
>
>How the fuck am I biased and you ain't?

Well, I don't think you're "biased" so much as you simply identify with HP on a personal level. Look, I was just completing the Race Card hand you played down below. I responded to your comment about black quirk and you responded in a perfectly civil way. I figured you'd take it as equal opportunity ball breaking, but it seems either your joke detector is broken or my delivery fell flat. Either way, it was a statement made in the spirit of gamesmanship and nothing more.

>Or anyone else who say 'American Pie' is better?

Bear in mind my stance is that the best of these are more or less created equal, with various strengths that make each one special and no towering figure in the mix.

If Rod and Tod cysed AP over HP the way you're doing the inverse, I'd take issue with that too, because while I can completely understand you finding HP more relatable while Bradford identifies more closely to AP, I think the stance that either is substantially better imagined and executed than the other to be inconsistent with the overall quality of both.

So, in a roundabout way I suppose I do actually think the fact that you view HP as so significantly better than everything else in it's field is in part rooted not just in your own blackness, but also with the fact that HP stands as one of the few high quality black films in this genre that portrays blacks in the same working/middle class light of regular folks manner we see whites portrayed in pretty much everything. i.e, you find identify more strongly with the characters and setting of one film over the other.

I also think there are arguments to be made for what sets HP apart from the rest, but all I see to this point are assertions, not arguments.

>Fairness and equality LOOK like pro-black bias to
>people who ain't used to it

Welp, again, it was a joke I made after your quip about black quirk, not some steadfast denouncement of any perceived black bias. I've somewhat explained that I do think there's a loose thread involved not in your love of the movie, but in your love of the movie to such a degree that it dwarfs all others.

>Get over it
>
>'House Party' smarter and funnier
>
>Cry

Again, I just want to see you articulate what exactly makes HP the one ring to rule them all. Being that I love all the movies I've mentioned- HP included- and see them all as well made films showcasing different facets of the same core principles, I'm hardly upset that someone likes HP better.

As far as funnier or smarter, I don't think so. The core charm of AP isn't raunch, but rather the mortifying chain of events that befalls a loveable loser with zero game. Ap is actually a very smart movie because it would lose a LOT of it's luster and staying power if it were just raunch and no embarrassment. I'm all good with your pick of HP, I'd just like to see you articulate why instead of this Basagalia grandstanding approach.