Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectKevin Smith to direct upcoming Flash episode (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=703229&mesg_id=708068
708068, Kevin Smith to direct upcoming Flash episode (swipe)
Posted by araQual, Sat Feb-13-16 04:28 AM
http://zap2it.com/2016/01/the-flash-kevin-smith-andrew-kreisberg-season-2.

‘The Flash’ EP explains why Kevin Smith is a good fit
by Chris E. Hayner at 11:01 AM on Jan 11, 2016

While the news of Kevin Smith directing an episode of “The Flash” may have taken fans by surprise, the decision actually makes a lot of sense.

Smith, a self-confessed superfan of Barry Allen’s (Grant Gustin) adventures on The CW, is a great fit for the series, according to executive producer Andrew Kreisberg.

Speaking to Zap2it and a handful of other outlets, Kreisberg says, “I love the movie ‘Dogma’ deliriously. I was such a fan of ‘Reaper’ too, which he did the pilot for. I know he can do TV as well.”

Of course, the reaction to the news doesn’t hurt either. “Obviously there’s a good deal of publicity that comes with that and as responsible executive producers we always have to look at that,” he explains. “But we would never look at that at the expense of our own show.”

“Knowing what a fan he is and knowing the scrutiny that episode is going to be under, I know he’s going to bring it to his fullest and I’m just so excited,” Kreisberg continues. “That I’m going to get to tone with him is just so crazy.”

As for how Smith getting the job came about, it was actually a pretty easy process. “I literally got a phone call from his agent saying Kevin Smith’s favorite show is ‘The Flash’ and was there an episode for him,” Kreisberg says. “The answer was yes. It was really that simple. I know what a fan he is. I didn’t know him personally, I’m just such a huge fan of his work.”

Expect Smith’s episode in May — Kreisberg believes it’s the 21st of the season. Sadly, it likely won’t mark a reunion with his “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back” co-star Mark Hamill – who plays Trickster on “The Flash.” Kreisberg confirms that particular villain likely won’t make a return in the episode.
---

V.