Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe Flash Season Two
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=703229
703229, The Flash Season Two
Posted by Marauder21, Tue Oct-06-15 06:39 PM
Last time we saw the Scarlet Speedster, he jumped into a black hole. We're getting Jay Garrick and Wally West at some point this season, and probably another Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow crossover or two. Beyond that, this show could go absolutely anywhere. A Grodd/Ultra Humanite/Mallah team-up episode? Probably not, but wouldn't that be dope?
703243, were gettin jay garrick ASAP
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Oct-06-15 11:18 PM
703249, Man, those CW special effects for Atom Smasher
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Oct-07-15 08:22 AM
Also how long before Ronnie comes back? No way is he staying dead.
703250, did the Duff flop or do numbers?
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Oct-07-15 08:51 AM
i think that'll be the determinant.
703253, Not big, but it more than made it's money back
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Oct-07-15 09:52 AM
$8 mil production budgest, $43 mil worldwide take
703283, If only I'd left Ronnie would be alive...
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Oct-08-15 12:45 AM
...and the whole world would have been destroyed.

She literally saved the world by not moving away from Central City and she's acting like it was a bad call.

703458, I think we're getting Crisis on Infinte Earth guys...
Posted by bwood, Wed Oct-14-15 09:24 AM
Niggas we getting the comic outta this show!!!

703460, It took 4 seasons to get "Green" Arrow
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Oct-14-15 09:48 AM
We got the damn Multiverse (with 52 portals, womp womp) on The Flash in like 24 episodes.

Love it
703475, Best live action superhero show yet
Posted by go mack, Wed Oct-14-15 01:37 PM
yep, it may have its cheesy stuff but so do comics once in a while. I want bright colors, goofy villains and lots of action. Effects hit and miss sometimes, but I don't care. This show is great. It started out a little freak of the week ala Smallville season one but picked up nicely and has far surpassed that show at this point.
703726, fucking.loving.it.
Posted by araQual, Wed Oct-21-15 03:02 AM
and with the multiverse in play, awesome way to bring back my man Tom Cavanagh (haven't watched ep3 yet).

V.
703792, Just so we clear: Joe West gets credit...
Posted by Kira, Thu Oct-22-15 02:56 PM
... for showing Barry how to lead by bringing him up in as a part of an interracial family. Joe's asiatic leadership skills and calm demeanor provided Barry with the upbringinging he needed to lead later on in life.

Can we talk about Patty x Barry or nah? Patty is slightly nerdier than Barry and it is awesome.
703796, Nerdgasm ; party of one
Posted by Nappy Soul, Thu Oct-22-15 04:39 PM
The last episode had Michael Ironside and they gave a nod to one of my favorite movies of all time. Scanners.

Captain Cold'd dad exploding people's heads like

http://www.fangirlmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/0001scanners61503.jpg
704108, new Firestorm is cool but uh...
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Oct-30-15 01:54 PM
KING SHARK! i can't believe they actually did that.
704112, That better not be the last time we see him
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Oct-30-15 03:23 PM
704120, RE: new Firestorm is cool but uh...
Posted by xangeluvr, Fri Oct-30-15 06:16 PM
>KING SHARK! i can't believe they actually did that.

yeah, that was cool and the special fx didn't look too bad either.
704129, that was so fucking cool.
Posted by araQual, Sat Oct-31-15 10:31 AM
i almost spit out my tea in both awe and hilarity.

V.
704608, he told the black guy "use ur natural athleticism" to control his power?
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Nov-13-15 02:13 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/4WHkXdDx8wjS0/giphy.gif
704115, DC is running into a lesser version of SHIELD problem.
Posted by SoulHonky, Fri Oct-30-15 04:57 PM
SHIELD's biggest issue (well, one of the many) is that it couldn't be its own show and had to react and set-up the Marvel Cinematic Universe. (Personally, I think they should have just waited to premiere it AFTER Cap 2 and get to the good stuff of Coulson trying to save a fractured SHIELD.)

Now DC is forcing both Arrow and Flash to serve as set-ups for Legends of Tomorrow is wearing thin for me. Especially Arrow where they've done my pet peeve of introducing a villain and then having him inexplicably hang out and do nothing for a few weeks. Damien Dahrk is just chilling the last couple of weeks. Harrison Wells was apparently just roaming the halls for the first half of Flash.

Spending time bringing back Sarah and Ray and re-establishing Firestorm all so they can go off to another show is holding back the main shows IMO.

704124, i enjoy it far more in the dc tv shows.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Oct-31-15 12:54 AM
especially the arrow setup. those are the best episodes of the show these days.

you cant have the same villain go in every week. gotta build it up and flesh out the story.
704149, Something REALLY bothered me this episode
Posted by xangeluvr, Sun Nov-01-15 08:53 AM
So they just tell anybody who the Flash is? They let that first candidate see their whole operation and when he says no they just let him walk out without a word. What the hell? And nobody says shit to girl for exposing all of them?
704155, well yeah...
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Nov-01-15 06:18 PM
i mean look at star labs. they let any nigga run up in there. so may as well just tell people who the flash is.
704247, RE: well yeah...
Posted by xangeluvr, Wed Nov-04-15 02:10 AM
>i mean look at star labs. they let any nigga run up in there.
>so may as well just tell people who the flash is.

haha, yeah that true and i liked how they made fun of themselves in the first episode this season when they were talking about the new security system or whatever.
704172, Iris seemed to be the last person they were hiding Barry's identity from
Posted by Marauder21, Mon Nov-02-15 11:00 AM
Now it really doesn't seem to matter who finds out.
704248, Introducing...Hawk Girl
Posted by Nappy Soul, Wed Nov-04-15 02:34 AM
She looks good too.
704499, ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Nov-10-15 10:33 PM
my god i havent seen an asswhooping like that in a minute.
704522, That was brutal n/m
Posted by IslaSoul, Wed Nov-11-15 11:35 AM

704525, Dude was stunting all over Central City with Barry
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Nov-11-15 12:02 PM
Should've ran into the stadium and spiked him like a football.
704533, i legit felt bad for Barry
Posted by jrocc, Wed Nov-11-15 02:10 PM
i just knew he was going to unmask him. only thing he didn't do was take him to that coffee shop he always goes to.
704545, Whooped his ass up, down, and all through Central City.
Posted by Kira, Wed Nov-11-15 06:41 PM
Beat Flash like he stole the serum to aging. He beat his ass, broke his spine, AND took his speed.

Is PTP giving out year end awards? Can we get an ass whupping of the year award after this episode?
704550, He held him up in that police station like a damn ragdoll...lmao!!!
Posted by DJ007, Wed Nov-11-15 08:03 PM
704576, Did he take his speed?
Posted by handle, Thu Nov-12-15 11:55 AM
Because he's healing super fast - except for the I Can't Feel My Legs part.

So could he keep his healing abilities but no his speed?
704580, I thought Zoom stabbed flash with the speed dart.
Posted by Kira, Thu Nov-12-15 12:38 PM
704596, I thought the speed dart was a temporary thing
Posted by handle, Thu Nov-12-15 09:11 PM
And would it have worked on Zoom since Zoom in the comics isn't a speedster?
704981, So Flash still has his speed
Posted by handle, Tue Nov-24-15 01:43 PM
I thought we might have had a series of 4-6 episodes with Barry in the wheelchair.
704786, damn, i think i just realized who Zoom is
Posted by xangeluvr, Fri Nov-20-15 01:38 AM
i have never read the comic so i don't have any hints from that, but just going from the show i think i know who it is. maybe its already obvious to you guys in here, but i'm guessing its eddie.
704789, I'm thinking it's Barry's father
Posted by John Forte, Fri Nov-20-15 06:22 AM
704799, RE: I'm thinking it's Barry's father
Posted by xangeluvr, Fri Nov-20-15 10:47 AM
Good thought. Zoom definitely has his father's build.
704800, I'm thinking Joe is also possible n/m
Posted by IslaSoul, Fri Nov-20-15 10:59 AM
704801, Same here
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Nov-20-15 11:18 AM
704810, yep. the eyes give it away.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Nov-20-15 01:43 PM
704865, yup, first thought i had when i noticed the similarity in physique
Posted by araQual, Sun Nov-22-15 08:51 AM
V.
708412, This is where I'm at
Posted by lfresh, Sat Feb-20-16 06:54 PM
Also because of build...

Now earth 1 or earth 2 father?
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.
704796, my thoughts
Posted by jrocc, Fri Nov-20-15 10:39 AM
i think it's Earth-2 Barry. i don't think they'd go the Thawne route again. Zoom in the comic books is someone they haven't shown on the show yet. it seems like Zoom on the show is someone we already know (or know the counterpart of).
704798, RE: my thoughts
Posted by xangeluvr, Fri Nov-20-15 10:46 AM
Could it really be that simple though? I'm not sure they'd go that route, seems too obvious.
704808, WHN DR. LIGHT WAS REVEALED
Posted by ThaAnthology, Fri Nov-20-15 12:32 PM
I thought the same thing.
705511, Mark Hamill returns!
Posted by go mack, Thu Dec-10-15 11:42 AM
Great episode. The setup for Legends of Tomorrow is going well but mainly enjoying this season's Earth 2 storyline quite a bit. Wally West introduced, not sure if just using the name or if he's gonna get speed eventually too.. anxious to see how this season keeps going.

Also, Joe stay killing his scenes
705590, Joe gets me in the feels every.fucking.time lol.
Posted by araQual, Sun Dec-13-15 06:59 AM
i feel like he's cried in almost every episode this season.
this Wells being treacherous thing probably won't pan out as expected. i don't see him making the same decisions that the former Eobard'd Wells would make.
Zoom is still scary as shit.
Wally showin up is fortuitous, spesh if he acquires the speed force relatively quickly. then i imagine him, Barry and Jay being all active speedsters simultaneously, 3 Flashes to take on the 1 Zoom. could be a plan (with Jay obviously on Earth 2 Wells' serum).

as for the line of the night:

"your toys...: give them to me", -Harry.

lol a Terminator shoutout? chyeah, why not. the entire episode was filled with some pretty funny overdoing of the xmas cliches. Hamill hammed it up gleefully but is kinda wasted in a team-up situation. u get Hamill, u give him the entire ep. other than that, lotsa fun.

V.
705598, Jesse L. Martin deserves more recognition
Posted by SoulHonky, Sun Dec-13-15 03:16 PM
He kills it with soap opera level writing at times.
708038, Another great episode.
Posted by SoulHonky, Fri Feb-12-16 12:20 PM
Doing a great job with Earth 2.

Who was in the mask? Was it Wally from Earth-?

708050, Zoom
Posted by xangeluvr, Fri Feb-12-16 03:54 PM
out of all the CW hero shows he is by far the best villian to me. powerful, smart, and looks terrifying.
708051, No, I meant in the lockup area with Flash
Posted by SoulHonky, Fri Feb-12-16 04:03 PM
He looks over and sees someone in a mask also locked up, then Zoom shows up.

Although the comment from producers was: "There aren't any other prisoners, but the man in the mask is there for a reason. This is really the first time that meet. They're in Zoom's lair and you'll see in the next episode how this relationship starts and forms and where it leads them to."
708060, haha, sorry didn't mean to reply to you
Posted by xangeluvr, Fri Feb-12-16 07:25 PM
damn, i didn't mean to reply to you, but main thread, haha. i just wanted to make a general statement about how badass zoom is, but it played into your post perfectly.

>He looks over and sees someone in a mask also locked up, then
>Zoom shows up.
>
>Although the comment from producers was: "There aren't any
>other prisoners, but the man in the mask is there for a
>reason. This is really the first time that
>meet. They're in Zoom's lair and you'll see in the next
>episode how this relationship starts and forms and where it
>leads them to."
708062, I kinda suspected that.
Posted by SoulHonky, Fri Feb-12-16 08:42 PM
But had to make sure.

And yeah, they've done a great job with Zoom. Arrow did well with Slade Wilson in season 2. I can't wait to see if Flash can stick the landing and then avoid the Arrow pitfalls. I think they should be better situation since it's not like Barry will suddenly become a softie like Oliver. And I don't see a bad love connection happening ala Felicity. It also helps that the actors in Flash are much better IMO.
708071, yep. he's legit scary n powerful. borderline unbeatable.
Posted by araQual, Sat Feb-13-16 07:31 AM
i can't see them taking him down without at least *some* casualties or permanent injury.

V.
708056, Yeah it really was great
Posted by go mack, Fri Feb-12-16 05:49 PM
Sisqo is going to be badass eventually. Love their doppelgangers.

I was spoiled the Supergirl easteregg beforehand, damn yahoo and their spoiling ass headlines. Oh well, guess it also had a glimpse of John Wesley Shipp's Flash that I missed so will need to re-watch.

This is still my #1 network superhero show. I don't mind Supergirl as much now, still far from this but its getting better. Arrow kind of lost me a little and Legends is pretty fun.
708068, Kevin Smith to direct upcoming Flash episode (swipe)
Posted by araQual, Sat Feb-13-16 04:28 AM
http://zap2it.com/2016/01/the-flash-kevin-smith-andrew-kreisberg-season-2.

‘The Flash’ EP explains why Kevin Smith is a good fit
by Chris E. Hayner at 11:01 AM on Jan 11, 2016

While the news of Kevin Smith directing an episode of “The Flash” may have taken fans by surprise, the decision actually makes a lot of sense.

Smith, a self-confessed superfan of Barry Allen’s (Grant Gustin) adventures on The CW, is a great fit for the series, according to executive producer Andrew Kreisberg.

Speaking to Zap2it and a handful of other outlets, Kreisberg says, “I love the movie ‘Dogma’ deliriously. I was such a fan of ‘Reaper’ too, which he did the pilot for. I know he can do TV as well.”

Of course, the reaction to the news doesn’t hurt either. “Obviously there’s a good deal of publicity that comes with that and as responsible executive producers we always have to look at that,” he explains. “But we would never look at that at the expense of our own show.”

“Knowing what a fan he is and knowing the scrutiny that episode is going to be under, I know he’s going to bring it to his fullest and I’m just so excited,” Kreisberg continues. “That I’m going to get to tone with him is just so crazy.”

As for how Smith getting the job came about, it was actually a pretty easy process. “I literally got a phone call from his agent saying Kevin Smith’s favorite show is ‘The Flash’ and was there an episode for him,” Kreisberg says. “The answer was yes. It was really that simple. I know what a fan he is. I didn’t know him personally, I’m just such a huge fan of his work.”

Expect Smith’s episode in May — Kreisberg believes it’s the 21st of the season. Sadly, it likely won’t mark a reunion with his “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back” co-star Mark Hamill – who plays Trickster on “The Flash.” Kreisberg confirms that particular villain likely won’t make a return in the episode.
---

V.
708233, Again?!
Posted by Calico, Wed Feb-17-16 05:27 PM
Knew it was coming, but...ugh.... If "Jay" is in the cell???
708266, i somehow had the feeling masked dude was Henry Allen
Posted by araQual, Thu Feb-18-16 07:06 AM
kinda feel like the Jay thing was to throw ppl off.
i'm still so confused as to who the fuck Zoom is.
and now masked dude as well.
good-ass episode.

V.
708268, current theories: Zoom = Henry. man in mask = real Jay Garrick
Posted by araQual, Thu Feb-18-16 08:00 AM
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3787123.

V.
708285, agreed
Posted by Calico, Thu Feb-18-16 11:56 AM
... I'm tired of Zoom already though......Dude is already the fastest guy around (until Wally realizes he's faster, look how easily he went through that cell when he believed in himself, literally)....but Zoom's motivations are nonexistent, and I'm not sure I care at this point
708414, Jay "sleeping" during the attack seemed suspect
Posted by SoulHonky, Sat Feb-20-16 07:07 PM
and then JAY being tapped out made me think he might have been Zoom somehow but that last moment kind of killed that (no pun intended.)

I kind of have a feeling that the reveal might be a letdown. Maybe someone from a third Earth of someone minor.
708416, I'll bet that it was Eobard Thawne disguised as Jay
Posted by handle, Sat Feb-20-16 09:06 PM
And the man in the iron mask is the *real* Jay.

Also, when a vortex to another dimension is closing - don't walk up to it and turn your back on it.
708443, this:
Posted by araQual, Mon Feb-22-16 02:13 AM
>Also, when a vortex to another dimension is closing - don't
>walk up to it and turn your back on it.

WAY too obvious it was gonna happen soon as he turned his back and smiled.

V.
708426, I think Zoom is sentient Speed Force
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun Feb-21-16 11:36 AM
from when Jay was taking the V6 and got addicted to more speed. Somehow they got split and Zoom is like the manifestation of his speed addiction
708413, earth 2 Barry is adorable
Posted by lfresh, Sat Feb-20-16 06:56 PM
Lol

And woah at Cisco's potential powers
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
708655, Anyone call that? Who called that? *spoilers*
Posted by lfresh, Wed Feb-24-16 12:50 AM

Why am I under the impression there are like 4 speedsters ( forgot dudes name

I assumed dude in the mask is him as well
~~~~
~~~~
708663, I swear Diggle is better used here than his own show...LOL
Posted by Calico, Wed Feb-24-16 10:06 AM
....Enjoyed every bit of King Shark....Wally and Barry trying to bond was interesting....

lemme see...Barry, Zoom, Jesse (in the comics), Wally (in the comics), Jay

708681, Im still confused
Posted by go mack, Wed Feb-24-16 03:06 PM
but yeah, I read a spoiler before that pointed to him, or his doppelganger Hunter Solomon who is Zoom in the comics I guess.. So is Zoom the Earth 1 Jay and he killed Earth 2 Jay now? That is what I thought but read an article today that made it sound like it was Jay all along and he duped them into being their friend like Harry did Season 1. That doesn't make sense tho when he got killed right?...
708688, What I'm thinking is Jay Z(oom) is from another earth
Posted by walihorse, Wed Feb-24-16 05:07 PM
Like earth 18 or whatever. He went to to e-2 to steal Jay Garrick's (the original Flash) speed force and the Helmet dude is another Jay Garrick from earth 823,838,674,993 or whatever, but hasn't gotten the speed force yet.

I saw on reddit someone saying that there are two sets of twins. Earth 1 Hunter Solomon is just a regular ass dude.
Earth 1 Jay Garrick - is Daft punk reject in chains
Earth 2 Hunter Solomon is Zoom
Earth 2 Jay Garrick - got got by Zoom

I dunno though it could be the Wells plot all over again, which if that is the case then I'll be annoyed with the regurgitation of plots.
708699, i started thinking
Posted by lfresh, Wed Feb-24-16 09:46 PM
>Like earth 18 or whatever. He went to to e-2 to steal Jay
>Garrick's (the original Flash) speed force and the Helmet dude
>is another Jay Garrick from earth 823,838,674,993 or whatever,
>but hasn't gotten the speed force yet.
>
>I saw on reddit someone saying that there are two sets of
>twins. Earth 1 Hunter Solomon is just a regular ass dude.
>Earth 1 Jay Garrick - is Daft punk reject in chains
>Earth 2 Hunter Solomon is Zoom
>Earth 2 Jay Garrick - got got by Zoom
>
>I dunno though it could be the Wells plot all over again,
>which if that is the case then I'll be annoyed with the
>regurgitation of plots.

Twins as well but figured I might be doing soap opera type thinking
But hey
Eff it lol

~~~~
~~~~
708702, haha comic books basically are soap operas
Posted by sndesai1, Thu Feb-25-16 12:32 AM
both go on forever
they recast roles/characters as needed
nobody ages - at least not in any sensible fashion
people come back from the dead all the time
evil twins (or clones) show up out of nowhere
710377, Ha!
Posted by lfresh, Mon Apr-04-16 09:07 PM
Apparently!
~~~~
~~~~
708719, Def did not see that coming.
Posted by KnowOne, Thu Feb-25-16 11:24 AM
curious to see the explanation
708821, craziness. i think the bigger reveal is gonna be dude in the mask
Posted by araQual, Sat Feb-27-16 12:32 AM
V.
708786, what happened to eobard thawne?
Posted by xangeluvr, Fri Feb-26-16 12:05 PM
am i trippin' or didn't he come back into the show earlier this season? has his story moved anywhere? granted i'm behind by a few episodes, but i'm not seeing you guys mention him.
708798, well
Posted by Calico, Fri Feb-26-16 02:10 PM
short version...he showed up, Barry beat him and sent him back to his own timeline...all this happened in one episode
708809, well ok then
Posted by xangeluvr, Fri Feb-26-16 05:37 PM
i need to catch up on the episodes i guess, haha.
708826, no doubt he'll be back again at some point, tho
Posted by araQual, Sat Feb-27-16 03:43 AM
probs when the Zoom storyline wraps up.

V.
710194, Bringing this post back up
Posted by go mack, Wed Mar-30-16 12:26 PM
Last night was pretty sweet, Barry messing with time travel again and the reveal of new assistant Hartley was great.

Looks like next week we get back into the Zoom storyline and will get some more answers.
710252, Another strong season
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Mar-31-16 05:05 PM
Last episode was a little weak (enough with the speedsters!) but this has been a good season and I like where they have everyone positioned (as opposed to Arrow who put half the cast in positions in which I'd hope they'd leave the show.)

Also kudos for doing a good job with the Eddie/Iris beats. Thought those might get too cheesy but they were handled really well.

The only issue is that I don't really care about the Zoom story. I know that it sucks to be in Earth 2 but I almost feel like they needed to leave off with Zoom threatening more people or someone somehow sending a message that he's on the warpath now to make Barry's need to go back stronger. Who is Zoom? was a stronger hook than I have to help Earth 2! Still, that's a minor complaint.
710264, i've enjoyed the ride so far but...er-uh
Posted by Calico, Fri Apr-01-16 07:21 AM
....I really hope his main "foe" next season isn't ANOTHER speedster targeting him....(I know in the books he has moe than a few speeding enemies)

...I swear I'd rather have a season where he has to keep fighting against someone like Grodd, who would just keep throwing enemies at him, and the gorilla just keeps outsmarting him....
711476, man in the mask theory: John Wes Shipp as OG Flash from 1990
Posted by araQual, Wed May-04-16 12:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=949NWVZ3hRQ.

wow.
i mean after the most recent ep, during Barry and pop's conversation at the cabin, and him casually dropping the fact that "Garrick" was his mother's maiden name? along with the fact that the man in the mask's physique, from the little u can see of it, looks very much like John Wesley Shipp? it's most definitely his dad. but not quite.
if they somehow use the multiverse to make it not just Earth-2 Barry's dad, but the original Flash from the 1990 series?!
that level of nerdgasm would be amazeballs.

V.
711490, oh damn
Posted by xangeluvr, Thu May-05-16 12:26 AM
i'm not familiar with the flash comics and i have no idea how much inspiration this show draws from them, but i sure hope that's not the last of barry (and pass on to wally) because that dude is really perfect for the role. i'm sure it's not, but i can't wait to see where this is going.
711494, I would kind of love it.
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu May-05-16 02:25 AM
I'd hate to lose Grant Gustin because he's great for the role but it would be nice to have a show, especially a superhero show, that surprised with a death and stuck with it.

711495, i get that
Posted by xangeluvr, Thu May-05-16 04:15 AM
>I'd hate to lose Grant Gustin because he's great for the role
>but it would be nice to have a show, especially a superhero
>show, that surprised with a death and stuck with it.

definitely would be a surprising and bold move, but for me i just think the second season would be a bit too soon. i really like GG in the role. plus, from what i've seen of wally so far i don't think he can carry the show.
711505, Agreed.
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu May-05-16 09:52 AM
I like the idea but WAY too early in this series to do it. Wally in an Earth 2 spin-off might be cool; give him more to work with since he's mostly just been the new "Key person we're keeping secret from" since Patty left.

It will be interesting to see what they do here but definitely seems like they jumped ahead too far. A little nervous since Arrow kind of did the same thing and botched their third and fourth seasons (this season has been a chore.)

711496, they could potentially have all 3 speedsters goin at once
Posted by araQual, Thu May-05-16 04:24 AM
don't see why they'd have to do a pass-the-baton kinda thing so soon. plus Barry woulda gone out like a chump if that's the last of him (which it won't be).

V.
711581, OMG!
Posted by ThaAnthology, Fri May-06-16 11:55 AM
Ok so Barry has been to at least 2 earths already besides his own. Wouldn't it be cool if he sent Jesse back to Earth 2 to be the Flash there, and sent Supergirl Wally West to be Flash there? That last one was pure fanboy exuberance but Jesse as Flash on Earth 2 could make sense.
711682, I'm so bored with Zoom
Posted by CaptNish, Sun May-08-16 04:11 PM
I want this season to wrap up, badly.
711686, ^^^^^ They literally redid Season 1
Posted by bwood, Sun May-08-16 05:41 PM
I really hope they have a different villian lined up for next season that isn't a speedster.
711687, Exactly!
Posted by CaptNish, Sun May-08-16 06:06 PM
The betrayal by a mentor even! Like come on!

I also hate superhero storylines where the hero loses their powers. Every single time, I can't stand it.
711688, The problem with non speedster villains is
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Sun May-08-16 07:08 PM
Flash has a lame gallery of bad guys that aren't speedsters. Most of them are terrible and have terrible names, they surprisingly did a good job with Captain Cold.
712491, Gorilla Grodd would be a perfect villain for a season.
Posted by bwood, Wed May-25-16 09:43 AM
Same with Weather Wizard.

I don't think that's particularly true with Speedsters.
711693, man im loving zoom.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sun May-08-16 09:12 PM
he's better than when deathstroke was first on arrow as a villain
712191, Last nights episode with Zoom was lame as shit
Posted by handle, Wed May-18-16 10:11 AM
He grabs Barry's dad and takes him to the old house and kills him?

Why didn't Barry fucking run and attack Zoom? He just sat there and watched.

What good are these fucking powers if you ain't going to use them?

712225, same shit i thought as well.
Posted by araQual, Thu May-19-16 09:58 AM
ur The Flash and u just fucking stand there and beg? u WAIT FOR IT TO HAPPEN?? lol. holy shit. super-speed-punch the mofo. snatch Henry before he gets karate chopped to death.

im really not understanding how they've been handling J Wesley-Shipp tbh. only keepin him around in lil bits and bobs. then tease us with his permanent return only to make him fodder for Barry's eventual loss of all fucks in order to spur him into beating Zoom.

im still all in for the finale (apparently the man in the iron mask reveal is sposed to be a good one), but not impressed with how lazy everyone got having dinner n shit. and how Barry did jack.shit to save his father.

or couldn't have Barry mentioned he traveled back in time and actually witnessed his mother's death too? wasn't that Zoom's whole reason for killing Henry?

V.
712311, So fucking annoying
Posted by CaptNish, Sat May-21-16 04:33 PM
>Why didn't Barry fucking run and attack Zoom? He just sat
>there and watched.

Even with Laurel, he just stood around like a cunt. What the fuck are they doing?
712383, Idk, I thought it was pretty awesome
Posted by go mack, Mon May-23-16 01:46 PM
Yeah, he could have tried to run and get him in time but wouldn't have. Zoom had his dad by the throat and is just as fast so didn't bother me and they wanted to make it as close to his mom's death as possible.

Still my fav superhero tv show.
712426, We'll see where it goes but...
Posted by SoulHonky, Mon May-23-16 10:58 PM
I really think Zoom could have been a half season story and the second half would be cleaning up all of the evil metas he allowed to come to this Earth. The way Barry was cleaning those guys up was kind of hilarious, especially when moments later, he can't seem to take down one person.

Still like the show but they need to make sure that they don't head too far down the wrong path and end up like Arrow, which I think is now a chore to watch.
712488, One of the worst written eps of the series IMO
Posted by SoulHonky, Wed May-25-16 09:39 AM
Lousy finale with a surprising amount of clunky dialogue. This season and Arrow are making a strong case for the need to break up 23 episode seasons into two big bads. CW is now the home of villains who inexplicably tread water for half the season. Also, it wouldn't put as much pressure on the final plan of the bad guy which, in this case, turned out to be a silly turn after the season moved to a more serious vibe.

712500, agreed,
Posted by walihorse, Wed May-25-16 11:19 AM
Zoom was just looking out a window for 4 episodes.

They should split the season.

I am hyped about flashpoint paradox though.
712509, I'll hold off judgement on the *TWIST* until we see where they go, but
Posted by Marauder21, Wed May-25-16 03:16 PM
my initial reaction was really disappointed. Completely undoes everything we thought Barry learned in S1.
712513, It's a total 180 from the speed force episode as well.
Posted by SoulHonky, Wed May-25-16 04:29 PM
Being back in time could be interesting and is likely a way to keep Tom Cavanaugh in the series but, yeah, it completely undoes everything. Although I wouldn't be opposed to a Flash in the 90's for a bunch of episodes. Kind of a Back to the Future type vibe.

Mostly though, I want it to get back to being fun. It veered towards Arrow's emo mood which even Arrow can't pull off anymore.
712523, but that's the point tho. Barry isnt smart.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed May-25-16 07:17 PM
that dude wears his emotions on his sleeve hard as fuck. it isnt hard to buy him watching his dad die, then seeing his fake dad right after and being like "nah man no more heartbreak. i can fix all this shit." it's perfectly in character for DC TV Flash to do that
712521, bad. bad. not good.
Posted by sndesai1, Wed May-25-16 06:44 PM
flash started off amazing in its first season, but at the two-season mark, arrow >>>> flash for me
712524, Arrow season 2 might be the peak CW Superhero show
Posted by SoulHonky, Wed May-25-16 07:23 PM
The flashback worked perfectly. They had a reason for the villain to not just destroy Oliver, since he wanted to slowly torment him. It all came together.

The Flash fell off more quickly but I have a feeling that they have a better plan for season 3 and they also don't have the stupid flashbacks which are painfully boring this season.
712522, i thought it was lit. and it gives them an out to FIX ARROW.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed May-25-16 07:14 PM
i know they wont take it but they should.

gonna miss Zoom. that dude stayed fucking up Barry's day.
712567, Same here
Posted by go mack, Fri May-27-16 07:55 AM
Idk if Zoom should return as Black Flash, hopefully just a cool easter egg. Those battles were dope tho, the real Jay Garick reveal wasn't that surprising but still satisfying. Saving his mom and starting Flashpoint paradox will be cool to see how this unfolds in season 3.
712578, conclusion: Barry's a bit of a bitch.
Posted by araQual, Fri May-27-16 11:48 AM
i'm being harsher than usual. call it the Arrow-effect lol. the final beatdown of Zoom was dope, as was the beatdown of Reverse-Flash. my man Tom Cavanagh stayed putting in a good performance with what little he had to do. Caitlin's in danger of becoming the Laurel or Felicity of the show. most of the supporting cast did their thing.

at least Barry got ONE (lousy) kiss in with Iris before he did his whole "i have to go find myself" bullshit. it's Iris, dumbass. take that woman upstairs and fuck your grief away.

overall a good, but not great, season. didn't really measure up to the first seasons story and execution, but still good.

V.
712751, *sigh*
Posted by lfresh, Tue May-31-16 11:25 PM

>overall a good, but not great, season. didn't really measure
>up to the first seasons story and execution, but still good.
>
>V.

Yeah
Puts it on par w Supergirl

Not watching Arrow, nope
~~~~
~~~~