Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectTwo weeks should be enough time.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=703099&mesg_id=721151
721151, Two weeks should be enough time.
Posted by SoulHonky, Wed Apr-12-17 01:17 PM
Marvel movies make half their take in the first two weeks. Even a film with strong word of mouth like Guardians took in 25 million in week 3. Civil War made 32 million. That seems like the normal amount for the #2 movie of the week would make against an opening blockbuster.

Coco could be an issue but DC has been all about opening weekend. BvS dropped almost 70% in week 2. Suicide Squad 67%. Man of Steel 65%. I really don't see Justice League changing that but then again, I've always expected it to make BvS money. That flick had the big three; I don't see Aquaman, Cyborg, and Flash boosting the box office THAT much.

And I can't seem to find anything opening wide on December 1st or December 8th so they'll have two more weeks to make money before The Last Jedi wipes everyone out.

I'd still set $350 million as the line between disappointing and satisfactory. The more important movie opening before it is Wonder Woman; if that flick can instill faith in people then Justice League will be sitting pretty, even with the competition.