Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe plot for this is too good.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=703099&mesg_id=718853
718853, The plot for this is too good.
Posted by bwood, Fri Jan-06-17 04:09 PM
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/01/05/weve-finally-got-an-official-plot-synopsis-for-thor-ragnarok

We’ve Finally Got An Official Plot Synopsis For THOR: RAGNAROK
And a behind-the-scenes photo!

By Scott Wampler Jan. 05, 2017

There are few 2017 films we're looking forward to as much as Taika Waititi's Thor: Ragnarok.

Everything we've heard and seen about this movie seems right up our alley, and with Waititi at the helm (following the one-two punch of What We Do In The Shadows and last year's Hunt For The Wilderpeople), there's every reason to believe Thor's third at-bat is going to be something special.

There's been some speculation as to what Thor: Ragnarok will actually be about - would it be a spin on Planet Hulk? A road trip comedy? Some glorious mixture of the two? - but today we can put some of that speculation to bed, as we now have an official plot synopsis for Waititi's film:

In Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok, Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok — the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization — at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger — the Incredible Hulk!

Thor: Ragnarok is directed by Taika Waititi and returns Chris Hemsworth starring as Thor and Tom Hiddleston reprising his role as Loki. They are joined by Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson and Karl Urban, with Mark Ruffalo and Anthony Hopkins.

But, wait: there's more! In addition to the synopsis above, Marvel's also revealed a new behind-the-scenes photo from the film. Let's take a gander at that now:

Gentle reminder: this year alone, Marvel's dropping Thor: Ragnarok, Spider-Man: Homecoming and Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 on us. Which one are you guys most excited about? I know Guardians 2 is the obvious answer here, but honestly ... I think Thor: Ragnarok's in the lead for me right now. Thoughts?

Oh, and PS: I'm using this as an opportunity to re-run the short below, which never gets old.