Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectCool of Idris to want to play
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=702462&mesg_id=703617
703617, Cool of Idris to want to play
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Oct-19-15 08:08 AM
such a flawed character. According to the credits, he was billed as a producer as well, which I'm guessing means he shelled out of ducats to partially fund the movie as well. Is that accurate? In particular, I'm referring to one scene towards the middle of the flick that intimately involves him and the main character.

I almost don't want to read the book this is based on since I'm sure it'll be depressing as hell, but I wonder how many changes were made between this and the flick? SPOILER for those that don't want to know, but in an interview, Fukunaga mentioned that head guy The Commandant reported to was made up and I saw another review that stated that the ending was different as well.

All the child actors did a bang up job in this. Impressive since based on interviews this was the first acting job for a majority of the children based on interviews, along with the heavy material the film dealt with. Interesting this was actually premiered in theaters the same time it dropped on Netflix. Seems a bit odd, but I got to see it sitting in the comfort of my home yesterday, so I guess I shouldn't complain.