Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectHibike! Euphonium from last season is one of the best shows of the last
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=700935&mesg_id=701075
701075, Hibike! Euphonium from last season is one of the best shows of the last
Posted by Steve O Tron v2, Tue Jul-28-15 12:33 PM
few years, and it's one of my favorites ever. Animation and the whole aesthetic of the show is just beautiful. The main character, Kumiko, is also one of the best characters of recent years, as her development and overall personality just felt very real. I know slice-of-life stuff isn't as big on these boards, but I think everyone should give it a chance.

Kekkai Sensen is also pretty good, but I think Hibike! overshadowed it for me.

For this season I'm really enjoying Non Non Biyori Repeat and Akagami no Shirayukihime. The latter is a pretty nice shoujo series, and it has a very nice female main character who actually shows a lot of agency and isn't your typical damsel in distress, even if the title is supposed to be Snow White with the Red Hair.

There are strong carryovers from last season too like Shokugeki no Soma, Ore Monogatari, and Arslan Senki.

Prison School is ridiculous dumb and hilarious, and Charlotte seems to be pretty interesting.