Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Nigga I don't get why you can't understand why
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=700243&mesg_id=728878
728878, RE: Nigga I don't get why you can't understand why
Posted by JtothaI, Tue Apr-10-18 04:41 PM
>I got enough of Han's history in the OG trilogy. The Kessel
>Run. Him trying to pay off Jaba. Him winning the Falcon from
>Lando. So yeah this is good enough. Also, I'm not old. You
>may be. I'm not.

I'm old...and I "kinda" agree with you...

As a kid and young adult I LOVED all the shit alluded to in the OT that you mentioned regarding backstory that was just mentioned in passing. That shit was awesome and made a large universe, seem even larger to me as a kid.

As an adult, and having the Internet and more content providers (netflix, cable, hulu, amazon, etc) you can't add a line of dialogue like "completed the kessel run in 12 parsecs" into a show or movie without fanboys clamoring for more info on it. We're spoiled by the ability for other avenues that allow studios to explore backstories and that has pretty much become the standard and we all have come to expect if something is relatively successful a prequel or sequel will follow whether there's really enough material there or not.

All that said...I'm interested in the Solo movie, because as a kid we would go years in between new SW content (movies) and I'm just happy to see content set in that universe being explored more than every 2 or 3 years. Would the movie be better if they came out every 2 or 3 years? maybe. But I'm just happy to have something to watch and judge for myself.