Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI'm saying though
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=700243&mesg_id=728860
728860, I'm saying though
Posted by BigWorm, Tue Apr-10-18 06:36 AM
I'm not excited about a Han Solo movie. I don't care about his backstory. He's a smuggler. He's a jerk. He was just out to make bank and fly away until Luke and Leia gave him a reason to fight for a bigger cause. OKAY. I'm good.

Personally the only interest I have in prequels is the idea that they *MIGHT* change the context of the original movie.

Sadly, that almost never happens. Instead, most prequels just expound on things that were just hinted at, casually mentioned or implied in the original movie. Like the Kessel Run, which I couldn't give any less of a shit about.

This is why I prefer new material.

I'd love the Solo movie to really drop a big surprise on us. Like maybe Solo had the potential to be a powerful Jedi, but he rejected it all because he wouldn't buy into the Lore. That would not only put his tone in A New Hope into context, but it would also go further to explain how Kylo Ren is so strong with the Force. But I seriously doubt they would do anything even remotely that interesting.