Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI'm actually interested in seeing it now.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=700243&mesg_id=728851
728851, I'm actually interested in seeing it now.
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Mon Apr-09-18 08:02 PM
While I've seen all of the Star Wars movies and enjoyed most of them, even parts of the prequels, I don't consider myself a ride or die fan. So, I didn't think I wanted a Han backstory movie but the more I see of the movie, granted these are trailers, the more I'm interested in seeing this.

The humor worked well enough and it's interesting to me to see a story involving the original characters which isn't epic and dealing with the fate of the galaxy.

Granted, I'm not expecting much from this. As long as it's semi-funny and exciting, I'll be okay.

Like someone else said, Bradford Young did his thing. If nothing else, it'll be gorgeous.

But if this is a success does anyone think Lucasfilm will change their standards for choosing directors? Maybe since this would have been the second standalone movie to undergo major changes in post-production that they'll actually admit that they don't want the basic template messed with.

It's interesting that they hired up-and-coming directors for Rogue One and Solo and then brought in experienced filmmakers in Gilroy and Howard to bring the movies home. It's like they can't decide if they want to go the Marvel route and just ask the directors to make movies the Lucasfilm way or go the DC/WB way and allow the directors to use their style to influence the universe.