Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectNaw, if I was excited I'd say it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=700243&mesg_id=727682
727682, Naw, if I was excited I'd say it.
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Feb-05-18 11:41 AM
Even through the first half of the trailer I'm almost buying him as Han. First red flag was his delivery of the "Huh...what's that?" line. It sounded and looked really awkward. Seemed like a moment that should have been charismatic Han Solo and I didn't get that at all.

I could chalk it up to trailer editing, but the line at the end "I thought we were in trouble there for a second but it's fine...we're fine" just didn't feel like Solo at all. I'm guessing the dialogue was kind of a call back to A New Hope during the Princess Leia rescue when he said "we had a weapons malfunction but we're fine here...we're fine...how are you?" So my issue isn't with the line, but the delivery. The smile on his face doesn't feel like sarcastic Han Solo. The pitch of his voice. It just doesn't feel right.

Everything else about the trailer was really really good. But if I can't buy him as Solo, nothing else matters.