Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYeah. I'd prefer they go down a route similar to Rogue One for these
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=700243&mesg_id=727296
727296, Yeah. I'd prefer they go down a route similar to Rogue One for these
Posted by soulfunk, Tue Jan-16-18 04:07 PM
anthology "Star Wars Story" films. To me, RO was the trial balloon that was put out there to see if people would care about a SW film that doesn't have any of the known major characters in it. And it did it in a somewhat "cheating" way by having it still have HUGE connections with the original trilogy. I'd love to see them go further down this path with smaller stories within the universe that aren't as connected to the main Empire/Rebellion conflict. That would make it much easier for directors to explore completely different genres and storytelling techniques while still being in the universe.

I don't really want to see a Bobba Fett movie, but a bounty hunter movie staring a new character that maybe even has a Fett cameo would definitely work. Maybe a movie about an imperial officer, from their perspective, dealing with the aftermath of Endor and ROTJ. There would be a connection to the main story, but that would only be the backdrop for something that could be a new and original take.

While I would love something about the Old Republic era, I can see why they want to stay away from that timeline because it could play into what's happening in the saga films, and because they want to save it for it's own trilogy. But I'm really not itching to see "Yoda, the Young Years".