Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI agree with this. It was completely engrossing TV.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=699652&mesg_id=701671
701671, I agree with this. It was completely engrossing TV.
Posted by celery77, Mon Aug-10-15 07:55 PM
The only real frustration that lingers in the sense of missed potential -- what IF we had scenes really showing the deeper complexities of Woodrugh, instead of just the surface level angst shoehorned around the other leads' extended brooding. What IF the true villains were revealed more plainly in a clear light besides a very rushed montage at the end. What IF inspired directing once again teased out a mysterious setting always teasing at more just outside the frame.

But besides that? Interesting, at times great, performances. Crime storytelling that could only exist on HBO. A coherent narrative that gives you the satisfaction of moving through a beginning, middle, and clear end.

So yeah -- I am INFINITELY more excited about True Detective season 3 than I am about anything Leftovers, stupid horse racing (remember the fucking horse racing?), the sad, lifeless carcass of True Blood, etc. and so on. Please bring on more HBO. Even if it misses again, it will be an interesting miss, but I'm holding out hope Pizzolatto can take some lessons learned from missed opportunity this year.