Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectright? Frank in the desert was the equivalent of explaining a joke
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=699652&mesg_id=701603
701603, right? Frank in the desert was the equivalent of explaining a joke
Posted by celery77, Mon Aug-10-15 08:59 AM
I didn't get anything out of that desert scene that I hadn't already learned about Frank as he torched his businesses. That whole segment could have been excised completely and the show wouldn't have lost anything.

Valcorro going back to see his kid was just dumb. (I did somewhat appreciate the gunfight in the redwoods, though, just because I like redwoods.)

Somewhere in all of this was an interesting story and some well-acted, interesting characters, but with four different "leads" (along with the bizarre, over-wrought Frank and his wife stuff) it lost too much focus and was too drawn out. I'm not exactly mad at it or anything, but for a moment there as Frank torched businesses and the cops did some dirt I felt some kind of something, but boy did that dry up quick as it dragged on way too long to land at that Terminator scene in Venezuela. For a second, I was actually hoping Valcorro would surrender and get arrested, just to go to jail to kill the original rapist. The whole "blaze of glory" thing was just too damn obvious...