Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectright? it was almost like they just hit a weird neighborhood outside LA
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=699652&mesg_id=700893
700893, right? it was almost like they just hit a weird neighborhood outside LA
Posted by celery77, Thu Jul-23-15 08:01 PM
whereas in reality they would have just completed a nearly full day's drive spanning a bunch of different regions in California (with ridiculous scenery any iPhone owner could look majestic) to finally reach a presumably remote cabin. I mean, I've visited plenty of people's homes where you have to drive 10-15 minutes on a tiny access road off the freeway just to reach their house, like a middle class house. I've been other places where you have to drive 30-45 minutes on a road where you pass NO other cars in order to find weird cabins tucked away, but here it felt like this exclusive sex dungeon and murder lodge was just a quick right turn after the gas station in the middle of town.

And I know part of the problem is that I was REALLY looking forward to what they did with NorCal, so I had big expectations, but damn if they didn't go out of their way to under-deliver anyway.

I'm still looking forward to the rest of the season, but Guerneville was the place where I was definitely, tangibly disappointed in this season.