Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectyeah, exactly -- that's what I was trying to get at
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=699652&mesg_id=700884
700884, yeah, exactly -- that's what I was trying to get at
Posted by celery77, Thu Jul-23-15 04:47 PM
Like just inside the space of the episode, I felt it was lacking the proper sense of space around the characters. I think we got a very quick lonely Jesus guy and a rundown storefront? Then we were on the cabin. I just wanted more visual setting, driving in the car shots showing the exit from the city, the sort of space and gems in that region that underscore it's outside normal city limits.

I've felt satisfied with Vinci. I recognize that industrial California, the construction zones next to the warehouses full of migrant labor. But I had real high hopes for Northern California and I feel like I definitely missed an opportunity to make another great setting. It was just too rushed and didn't have the imagination I wanted in it.

And I'm with you, I've been enjoying this season -- not as great as the Las one, but still a good TV show well above normal TV standards. But that whiff on NorCal was where I finally said, damn, kinda need Fukunaga for the same magic...