Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjecti thought the same thing at first, but then reconsidered that it might actually
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=699652&mesg_id=700074
700074, i thought the same thing at first, but then reconsidered that it might actually
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Jul-03-15 03:08 PM
actually play into the character. in the first ep it seemed like she was trying too hard to act tough and gritty, but then in the second ep i thought maybe it actually fit that the character would act that way, esp with the convo with colin about how she carries all those knives because of her fear of being physically overpowered. also the shit with her father/background fits as well, she always had to act tough because he wasn't going to stick up for her and protect her like a normal father would. but she still grew up in a hippie commune, not some trailer park or skid row flophouse where you gotta scrape and scrap to get by and survive. so she's not a gritty bitch by nature but she's always projected that image as a defense mechanism.

actually i might be putting too much into that and it's probably just that Mc Adams isn't cut out to play a gritty bitch, but i prefer to look at it the way i see it so i'm gonna stick with that.