Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI guess i'm easy...i enjoyed it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=697555&mesg_id=706794
706794, I guess i'm easy...i enjoyed it
Posted by dgonsh, Tue Jan-05-16 01:47 PM
I loved the performances, cinematography, landscapes, the overall look and feel (i felt cold the entire time even though our theatre was balmy AF). The score is still escalating up and down in my mind a week after the fact. Goggins was putting in work. Same for Sam and JJL.

for a movie centric forum that we have here at PTP, how much better does it get than the roadshow? The overture, intermission and pre-intermission climax were exactly what I dream of when going to a theatre. Having said that, I could only stomach an experience like that every so often. It worked for *this* movie.

As a privileged white male, my take on QT's use of the N-word is functionally invalid, but it is probably fairly accurate to the way white people spoke at the time so it seems more shocking through the lens of today than it does in the actual setting. Its jarring and people in my theatre uncomfortably laughed in shock the first time JJL says it to sam in the wagon. but thats also a device used to make us realize this woman is demonic and we should struggle when feeling any pity for her.

I dunno...I was exhausted when we saw the 10:30pm showing and after the overture I was certain I was gonna accidentally fall asleep 10 mins in, but from that first shot of the Jesus sculpture I rarely blinked through the entire 3 hrs that followed.

The 70mm format clearly contributed to how vast the cabin felt despite its smallness.